News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New ad units increase time-spent with Ford brand
A few results have been released by PointRoll, which powered Ford's recent rich media ad campaign. The takeaway? Consumers who saw the expanding and non-expanding video advertising units spent about 40% more time with the ads than traditional industry benchmarks. The campaign was part of Ford's Drive One campaign.
"We chose to work with PointRoll for contextual in-banner video ads...and the results speak for themselves," said Scott Kelly, Digital Marketing Manager with Ford. "We are looking forward to working with PointRoll on future campaigns as we continue to innovate and expand our use of contextually relevant ads."
"We've built our business on creating dynamic ads that are relevant, engaging and respectful to the user," said Jason Tafler, CEO of PointRoll. "These ads enhance, rather than take away from the user experience, as they fit exactly into the context of what [the consumer is] already doing online."
• 8% of consumers engaged with the non-expanding video units
• 15% of consumers who engaged with an expandable unit started a video
• Interaction rates with the ads were 74% higher than typical benchmarks
• 4.5% of consumers either clicked or rolled over a non-expandable ad
For this campaign, the non-expandable units played video within a banner type ad while the expandable units played video which expanded to fill a larger portion of the computer screen. Ads for the Ford Drive One campaign were served on contextually relevant websites, which means the consumers exposed were likely already interested in automobiles.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...