News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New ad units increase time-spent with Ford brand
A few results have been released by PointRoll, which powered Ford's recent rich media ad campaign. The takeaway? Consumers who saw the expanding and non-expanding video advertising units spent about 40% more time with the ads than traditional industry benchmarks. The campaign was part of Ford's Drive One campaign.
"We chose to work with PointRoll for contextual in-banner video ads...and the results speak for themselves," said Scott Kelly, Digital Marketing Manager with Ford. "We are looking forward to working with PointRoll on future campaigns as we continue to innovate and expand our use of contextually relevant ads."
"We've built our business on creating dynamic ads that are relevant, engaging and respectful to the user," said Jason Tafler, CEO of PointRoll. "These ads enhance, rather than take away from the user experience, as they fit exactly into the context of what [the consumer is] already doing online."
• 8% of consumers engaged with the non-expanding video units
• 15% of consumers who engaged with an expandable unit started a video
• Interaction rates with the ads were 74% higher than typical benchmarks
• 4.5% of consumers either clicked or rolled over a non-expandable ad
For this campaign, the non-expandable units played video within a banner type ad while the expandable units played video which expanded to fill a larger portion of the computer screen. Ads for the Ford Drive One campaign were served on contextually relevant websites, which means the consumers exposed were likely already interested in automobiles.
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
- Study: Email key for SMB trust
- Studies: Video views increasing
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...