News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New ad units increase time-spent with Ford brand
A few results have been released by PointRoll, which powered Ford's recent rich media ad campaign. The takeaway? Consumers who saw the expanding and non-expanding video advertising units spent about 40% more time with the ads than traditional industry benchmarks. The campaign was part of Ford's Drive One campaign.
"We chose to work with PointRoll for contextual in-banner video ads...and the results speak for themselves," said Scott Kelly, Digital Marketing Manager with Ford. "We are looking forward to working with PointRoll on future campaigns as we continue to innovate and expand our use of contextually relevant ads."
"We've built our business on creating dynamic ads that are relevant, engaging and respectful to the user," said Jason Tafler, CEO of PointRoll. "These ads enhance, rather than take away from the user experience, as they fit exactly into the context of what [the consumer is] already doing online."
• 8% of consumers engaged with the non-expanding video units
• 15% of consumers who engaged with an expandable unit started a video
• Interaction rates with the ads were 74% higher than typical benchmarks
• 4.5% of consumers either clicked or rolled over a non-expandable ad
For this campaign, the non-expandable units played video within a banner type ad while the expandable units played video which expanded to fill a larger portion of the computer screen. Ads for the Ford Drive One campaign were served on contextually relevant websites, which means the consumers exposed were likely already interested in automobiles.
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...