News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MerchantCircle offers local content for small businesses
MerchantCircle, a social network for business owners, is launching a content portal which may help consumers find local businesses through search functionality. The Local Content Studio (LCS) soft-launched in May, giving local businesses the ability to create short-form content within the MerchantCircle space.
Through the platform, merchants and business owners can share their expertise on a topic, city or region in the online space. Unlike the MerchantCircle Answers platform, which answers very specific questions from consumers, the LCS platform gives merchants more room to write about topics, businesses or places.
"Companies like Demand Media and Associated Content have proven that creating targeted content at scale meets a market need. Where these companies typically focus on niche topic articles that appeal to consumers across the country, MerchantCircle is focused on creating hyper-local content generation that connects nearby consumers to the local business community," said Andy Halliday, Vice President and General Manager of LCS.
Where content hubs such as Demand Media offer general advice on where to hike in California, for example, the LCS platform would tell consumers about the hiking trails in Redwood Forest and written by a local hiking guide. After two months in the space, the LCS platform has seen more than 40,000 pieces of copy created by 150 contributors. The content created includes place descriptions, destination information and information about businesses in a specific area.
"We're confident we can engage merchants to promote their own specialties and towns using this new system and further evolve our network into a dynamic publishing vehicle for business owners to expose their local and professional experience," said Ben Smith IV, CEO and co-found of MerchantCircle.
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...