News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experian: Mobile will impact holiday season
Experian Marketing Services has released the 2010 Holiday Marketer Report; within, an interesting forecast for e- and m-commerce. According to the report consumers are adapting to the mobile marketplace very quickly for both purchases and product research. Because of that, the firm expects mobile, as well as social, platforms to have an impact during the 2010 holiday shopping season.
First, the details. Experian's research shows that purchases made via mobile have increased by 3% (to reach 13%) from 2009 to 2010. Using social networks to find product information and reviews has also grown and is now pushing about 3% of traffic to the top etailing hubs.
• 26% of consumers will use online avenues to find discounts
• 20% will use the Internet for shopping because they see it as 'fun'
• 17% of consumers always research product purchases online
Although spending is expected to be less expansive because of the global economic condition, both mobile and social platform should have an impact on where and how consumers shop for gifts this year. And that means marketers need to be in the space now, preparing for the season. Experian forecasts that the holiday season will show modest growth of between 1% and 2%; not huge numbers but nice considering that both the 2008 and 2009 seasons showed decreases in consumer spending.
comScore's Q2 2010 US Retail E-Commerce report shows the retail category is already pushing forward. Their research shows year-on-year growth of 10% (Q1 2010) and 9% for 2010's second quarter.
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...