News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experian: Mobile will impact holiday season
Experian Marketing Services has released the 2010 Holiday Marketer Report; within, an interesting forecast for e- and m-commerce. According to the report consumers are adapting to the mobile marketplace very quickly for both purchases and product research. Because of that, the firm expects mobile, as well as social, platforms to have an impact during the 2010 holiday shopping season.
First, the details. Experian's research shows that purchases made via mobile have increased by 3% (to reach 13%) from 2009 to 2010. Using social networks to find product information and reviews has also grown and is now pushing about 3% of traffic to the top etailing hubs.
• 26% of consumers will use online avenues to find discounts
• 20% will use the Internet for shopping because they see it as 'fun'
• 17% of consumers always research product purchases online
Although spending is expected to be less expansive because of the global economic condition, both mobile and social platform should have an impact on where and how consumers shop for gifts this year. And that means marketers need to be in the space now, preparing for the season. Experian forecasts that the holiday season will show modest growth of between 1% and 2%; not huge numbers but nice considering that both the 2008 and 2009 seasons showed decreases in consumer spending.
comScore's Q2 2010 US Retail E-Commerce report shows the retail category is already pushing forward. Their research shows year-on-year growth of 10% (Q1 2010) and 9% for 2010's second quarter.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...