News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Online retail sales increase for third consecutive quarter
New data from comScore shows that online retail sales in the U.S. rose for the third consecutive quarter climbing 9% to $32.9 billion.
It is encouraging news, particularly after a 10% increase in the first quarter of this year.
But, can the growth experienced in Q1 and Q2 continue throughout 2010? comScore won't commit either way and remain 'optimistically cautious' citing recent unemployment rises and stock market uncertainty as potential spanners in the works.
comScore's report also found:
- Upper-income households (those earning at least $100,000 annually) grew 17% YoY, twice the overall e-commerce growth rate during the quarter.
- Among the top-performing online product categories were: Consumer Electronics (excluding PC peripherals), Computer Software (excluding PC games), Computers/Peripherals/PDAs, and Books/Magazines.
- Multi-channel retailers regained e-commerce spending market share versus online pure-play retailers following five consecutive quarters of declining market share.
American Express recently registered its third consecutive quarterly gain and reported card members' spending climbed 16% last quarter. The largest increases came from corporate cards, cards issued by its bank partners and premium co-brand cards that people tend to pay off in full every month.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...