News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Online retail sales increase for third consecutive quarter
New data from comScore shows that online retail sales in the U.S. rose for the third consecutive quarter climbing 9% to $32.9 billion.
It is encouraging news, particularly after a 10% increase in the first quarter of this year.
But, can the growth experienced in Q1 and Q2 continue throughout 2010? comScore won't commit either way and remain 'optimistically cautious' citing recent unemployment rises and stock market uncertainty as potential spanners in the works.
comScore's report also found:
- Upper-income households (those earning at least $100,000 annually) grew 17% YoY, twice the overall e-commerce growth rate during the quarter.
- Among the top-performing online product categories were: Consumer Electronics (excluding PC peripherals), Computer Software (excluding PC games), Computers/Peripherals/PDAs, and Books/Magazines.
- Multi-channel retailers regained e-commerce spending market share versus online pure-play retailers following five consecutive quarters of declining market share.
American Express recently registered its third consecutive quarterly gain and reported card members' spending climbed 16% last quarter. The largest increases came from corporate cards, cards issued by its bank partners and premium co-brand cards that people tend to pay off in full every month.
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...