News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Online retail sales increase for third consecutive quarter
New data from comScore shows that online retail sales in the U.S. rose for the third consecutive quarter climbing 9% to $32.9 billion.
It is encouraging news, particularly after a 10% increase in the first quarter of this year.
But, can the growth experienced in Q1 and Q2 continue throughout 2010? comScore won't commit either way and remain 'optimistically cautious' citing recent unemployment rises and stock market uncertainty as potential spanners in the works.
comScore's report also found:
- Upper-income households (those earning at least $100,000 annually) grew 17% YoY, twice the overall e-commerce growth rate during the quarter.
- Among the top-performing online product categories were: Consumer Electronics (excluding PC peripherals), Computer Software (excluding PC games), Computers/Peripherals/PDAs, and Books/Magazines.
- Multi-channel retailers regained e-commerce spending market share versus online pure-play retailers following five consecutive quarters of declining market share.
American Express recently registered its third consecutive quarterly gain and reported card members' spending climbed 16% last quarter. The largest increases came from corporate cards, cards issued by its bank partners and premium co-brand cards that people tend to pay off in full every month.
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
- Brands: Why you need prescriptive analytics
- Top 7 tips to increase B2B success
- How to make the most of TV ads
- Ecomm Roundup: 3 platform releases offer more control
- Top 3 tips to make the most of Instagram ads
- Study: Publishers concerned about Google, Facebook, competition
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...