News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Roiworld: Teens losing interest in Facebook
Of late there has been much speculation that Facebook is becoming a bit passé. New research from online gaming site Roiworld claims to illustrate clear signs of "Facebook Fatigue" among teens.
Around one in five teens (19%) that have a Facebook account have either abandoned it or are using it less, found Roiworld. Their survey of 600 teens (age 13 - 17) found that while teens spend a significant amount of time on social networks - around 80% of their online time - Facebook's popularity is beginning to dwindle.
So what reasons are teens giving for saying farewell to Facebook. According to Roiworld's "Teens and Social Networks" study:
- 45% have lost interest
- 16% are leaving because their parents have joined
- 14% think "too many adults/older people" now use the social network
- 13% are concerned about their personal privacy.
However, no matter how many people try and predict the fall of the social networking behemoth, Facebook remains the most popular social network among teens - 78% have created a profile and 69% are still active.
YouTube ranks second with 64% of teens claiming to have an active account. MySpace comes in third (41%) and Twitter fourth (20%).
Earlier this year SearchEngineLand's Danny Sullivan noticed a rising trend, with an uptick in April, of searches looking for details on how to delete a Facebook account.
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....