News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Roiworld: Teens losing interest in Facebook
Of late there has been much speculation that Facebook is becoming a bit passé. New research from online gaming site Roiworld claims to illustrate clear signs of "Facebook Fatigue" among teens.
Around one in five teens (19%) that have a Facebook account have either abandoned it or are using it less, found Roiworld. Their survey of 600 teens (age 13 - 17) found that while teens spend a significant amount of time on social networks - around 80% of their online time - Facebook's popularity is beginning to dwindle.
So what reasons are teens giving for saying farewell to Facebook. According to Roiworld's "Teens and Social Networks" study:
- 45% have lost interest
- 16% are leaving because their parents have joined
- 14% think "too many adults/older people" now use the social network
- 13% are concerned about their personal privacy.
However, no matter how many people try and predict the fall of the social networking behemoth, Facebook remains the most popular social network among teens - 78% have created a profile and 69% are still active.
YouTube ranks second with 64% of teens claiming to have an active account. MySpace comes in third (41%) and Twitter fourth (20%).
Earlier this year SearchEngineLand's Danny Sullivan noticed a rising trend, with an uptick in April, of searches looking for details on how to delete a Facebook account.
- Report: Facebook tops Google for display growth
- Top 3 tips to improve document search
- Ad Roundup: SaaS, partnerships and increased feedback
- Facebook increases push to ecommerce
- Do you really want 5-star product reviews?
- Survey: Half-million spent to recover from cyber attacks
- Ad Roundup: Trio of releases for small businesses
- Third of Brits struggling to cope with data overload
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...