News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Roiworld: Teens losing interest in Facebook
Of late there has been much speculation that Facebook is becoming a bit passé. New research from online gaming site Roiworld claims to illustrate clear signs of "Facebook Fatigue" among teens.
Around one in five teens (19%) that have a Facebook account have either abandoned it or are using it less, found Roiworld. Their survey of 600 teens (age 13 - 17) found that while teens spend a significant amount of time on social networks - around 80% of their online time - Facebook's popularity is beginning to dwindle.
So what reasons are teens giving for saying farewell to Facebook. According to Roiworld's "Teens and Social Networks" study:
- 45% have lost interest
- 16% are leaving because their parents have joined
- 14% think "too many adults/older people" now use the social network
- 13% are concerned about their personal privacy.
However, no matter how many people try and predict the fall of the social networking behemoth, Facebook remains the most popular social network among teens - 78% have created a profile and 69% are still active.
YouTube ranks second with 64% of teens claiming to have an active account. MySpace comes in third (41%) and Twitter fourth (20%).
Earlier this year SearchEngineLand's Danny Sullivan noticed a rising trend, with an uptick in April, of searches looking for details on how to delete a Facebook account.
- 40% of public relations workers use, but do not engage with, social media
- Consumers find card-linked marketing helpful for special occasions
- More than 40% of UK online transactions made via mobile
- Expert: How to engage Hispanic shoppers
- How forms can speed customer service
- Reports: Sharing, shopping increase on mobile
- Ad Roundup: New video tools, cross-device options
- Ecommerce Roundup: Mobile support, what shoppers want
Featured White Papers
- Gain Real-time email competitive intelligence with this video
Watch this short webinar today and see for yourself how you can gain access to email competitive data, real-time inbox...
- Digital Marketing: Are You Ready to Go Agile? (Best Practices)
Digital marketing isn't just about the channel, it's the mechanism by which people are creating and sharing experiences; engaging not...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...