News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want more social media interaction with companies
The vast majority of consumers prefer to carry out business communications via social media, according to a new survey by research firm Yankee Group for Siemens Enterprise Communications, but few companies satisfy their needs.
Consumers want companies to be more engaged with social media, particularly in the realms of customer support and service. Companies are being seen to fail when it comes to using the likes of Facebook and Twitter as a communication channel.
And yet, according to the survey (.pdf), consumers want to engage with companies via their social spaces:-
- Over 70% of consumers want access to company experts and support via social media channels and trust company information provided to them via social networks
- 57% of customers feel company outreach via social media would improve their loyalty to that company
- Most customers feel that companies should be monitoring social media for customer feedback
- 50% of respondents use social media at least once a day
According to the report, "Businesses must understand that social media is no longer just a marketing initiative for generating leads. Businesses are now focusing on how social media, combined with customer service and other revenue-generating initiatives, can help make the relationship between a company and its customers more effective for both."
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...