News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Zogby Poll: Social media trumps traditional in trust stakes
Consumers put more trust in technology giants Apple, Microsoft and Google than they do social networking sites. But both score higher in the trust stakes than traditional media.
A Zogby Interactive survey of over 2,100 U.S. adults found that among Apple, Microsoft and Google, 49% had trust in each of these brands.
However, Twitter and Facebook didn't fare quite as well with trust levels of 8% and 13% respectively.
Yet all of these companies, except Twitter, were afforded more trust than traditional media, despite recent privacy issues surrounding Google and Facebook. Overall, traditional media garnered the trust of just 8%, among the under 30's that figure drops to 6%.
"Having a consumer's trust takes on greater meaning in the cyber age. Trust used to be a one-way transaction: consumers bought a product believing it would be effective and not harmful," said founder John Zogby.
"Now, our personal information is part of the transaction, and we must trust our information won't be shared or abused."
Among different generations there's a marked difference in attitude. While Microsoft and Apple were particularly mistrusted by those aged under 30, Facebook and Twitter did better with this age group, being trusted by 20% and 15% respectively.
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
- Study: Visuals important in reviews
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...