News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Zogby Poll: Social media trumps traditional in trust stakes
Consumers put more trust in technology giants Apple, Microsoft and Google than they do social networking sites. But both score higher in the trust stakes than traditional media.
A Zogby Interactive survey of over 2,100 U.S. adults found that among Apple, Microsoft and Google, 49% had trust in each of these brands.
However, Twitter and Facebook didn't fare quite as well with trust levels of 8% and 13% respectively.
Yet all of these companies, except Twitter, were afforded more trust than traditional media, despite recent privacy issues surrounding Google and Facebook. Overall, traditional media garnered the trust of just 8%, among the under 30's that figure drops to 6%.
"Having a consumer's trust takes on greater meaning in the cyber age. Trust used to be a one-way transaction: consumers bought a product believing it would be effective and not harmful," said founder John Zogby.
"Now, our personal information is part of the transaction, and we must trust our information won't be shared or abused."
Among different generations there's a marked difference in attitude. While Microsoft and Apple were particularly mistrusted by those aged under 30, Facebook and Twitter did better with this age group, being trusted by 20% and 15% respectively.
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...