News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Zogby Poll: Social media trumps traditional in trust stakes
Consumers put more trust in technology giants Apple, Microsoft and Google than they do social networking sites. But both score higher in the trust stakes than traditional media.
A Zogby Interactive survey of over 2,100 U.S. adults found that among Apple, Microsoft and Google, 49% had trust in each of these brands.
However, Twitter and Facebook didn't fare quite as well with trust levels of 8% and 13% respectively.
Yet all of these companies, except Twitter, were afforded more trust than traditional media, despite recent privacy issues surrounding Google and Facebook. Overall, traditional media garnered the trust of just 8%, among the under 30's that figure drops to 6%.
"Having a consumer's trust takes on greater meaning in the cyber age. Trust used to be a one-way transaction: consumers bought a product believing it would be effective and not harmful," said founder John Zogby.
"Now, our personal information is part of the transaction, and we must trust our information won't be shared or abused."
Among different generations there's a marked difference in attitude. While Microsoft and Apple were particularly mistrusted by those aged under 30, Facebook and Twitter did better with this age group, being trusted by 20% and 15% respectively.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...