News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Zogby Poll: Social media trumps traditional in trust stakes
Consumers put more trust in technology giants Apple, Microsoft and Google than they do social networking sites. But both score higher in the trust stakes than traditional media.
A Zogby Interactive survey of over 2,100 U.S. adults found that among Apple, Microsoft and Google, 49% had trust in each of these brands.
However, Twitter and Facebook didn't fare quite as well with trust levels of 8% and 13% respectively.
Yet all of these companies, except Twitter, were afforded more trust than traditional media, despite recent privacy issues surrounding Google and Facebook. Overall, traditional media garnered the trust of just 8%, among the under 30's that figure drops to 6%.
"Having a consumer's trust takes on greater meaning in the cyber age. Trust used to be a one-way transaction: consumers bought a product believing it would be effective and not harmful," said founder John Zogby.
"Now, our personal information is part of the transaction, and we must trust our information won't be shared or abused."
Among different generations there's a marked difference in attitude. While Microsoft and Apple were particularly mistrusted by those aged under 30, Facebook and Twitter did better with this age group, being trusted by 20% and 15% respectively.
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
- Survey: Mobile, video to lead ad's future
- BigCommerce release uses real time to boost revenue
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...