News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Socnets prompting ad-related actions
Consumers want to participate in life via their favorite brands. That, according to a recent Performics study which indicates that consumers are not only connecting with friends and family via social networks, but they are also connecting, contributing and sharing with their favorite brands.
"S-Net The Impact of Social Media" report finds that social media isn't just a stopping place for the consumer to interact with one another, consumers are also using social networks to interact with their favorite brands.
"Social networking has greatly contributed to the shift from strict consumerism to more lively, two-way participation between brands and everyday customers," said Daina Middleton, CEO of Performics. "More than a third of all respondents reported using a search engine to further learn after seeing an ad on a social networking site, for example, and more than a third think social networking sites are good sources of information about companies and products."
• 80% of study respondents have an active Facebook account
• 67% report reconnecting with people they otherwise would not have
• 30% are accessing socnets via mobile device
• 39% of Twitter users 'retweet' or reply to tweets at least weekly
Social consumers are pushing their favorite brands' likeability to their social contacts. The report found that about half of Facebook users click ads to 'like' a brand; those 'likes' show up in wall posts and pages. Just over one-third of social networks report recommending products or services to the social network contacts and 37% report learning about a brand or product via a social network.
ROI Research conducted the report, which was sponsored by Performics; 3,000 US social network consumers were studied to reach the results.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...