News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Socnets prompting ad-related actions
Consumers want to participate in life via their favorite brands. That, according to a recent Performics study which indicates that consumers are not only connecting with friends and family via social networks, but they are also connecting, contributing and sharing with their favorite brands.
"S-Net The Impact of Social Media" report finds that social media isn't just a stopping place for the consumer to interact with one another, consumers are also using social networks to interact with their favorite brands.
"Social networking has greatly contributed to the shift from strict consumerism to more lively, two-way participation between brands and everyday customers," said Daina Middleton, CEO of Performics. "More than a third of all respondents reported using a search engine to further learn after seeing an ad on a social networking site, for example, and more than a third think social networking sites are good sources of information about companies and products."
• 80% of study respondents have an active Facebook account
• 67% report reconnecting with people they otherwise would not have
• 30% are accessing socnets via mobile device
• 39% of Twitter users 'retweet' or reply to tweets at least weekly
Social consumers are pushing their favorite brands' likeability to their social contacts. The report found that about half of Facebook users click ads to 'like' a brand; those 'likes' show up in wall posts and pages. Just over one-third of social networks report recommending products or services to the social network contacts and 37% report learning about a brand or product via a social network.
ROI Research conducted the report, which was sponsored by Performics; 3,000 US social network consumers were studied to reach the results.
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
- Study: Email key for SMB trust
- Studies: Video views increasing
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...