News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Socnets prompting ad-related actions
Consumers want to participate in life via their favorite brands. That, according to a recent Performics study which indicates that consumers are not only connecting with friends and family via social networks, but they are also connecting, contributing and sharing with their favorite brands.
"S-Net The Impact of Social Media" report finds that social media isn't just a stopping place for the consumer to interact with one another, consumers are also using social networks to interact with their favorite brands.
"Social networking has greatly contributed to the shift from strict consumerism to more lively, two-way participation between brands and everyday customers," said Daina Middleton, CEO of Performics. "More than a third of all respondents reported using a search engine to further learn after seeing an ad on a social networking site, for example, and more than a third think social networking sites are good sources of information about companies and products."
• 80% of study respondents have an active Facebook account
• 67% report reconnecting with people they otherwise would not have
• 30% are accessing socnets via mobile device
• 39% of Twitter users 'retweet' or reply to tweets at least weekly
Social consumers are pushing their favorite brands' likeability to their social contacts. The report found that about half of Facebook users click ads to 'like' a brand; those 'likes' show up in wall posts and pages. Just over one-third of social networks report recommending products or services to the social network contacts and 37% report learning about a brand or product via a social network.
ROI Research conducted the report, which was sponsored by Performics; 3,000 US social network consumers were studied to reach the results.
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...