News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Silverpop: U.K. winning 'inbox clutter' battle
Carefully crafted, relevant and consumer-centric email campaigns are crucial to maximizing ROI and improving overall results in today's crowded inboxes. A recent Silverpop study found that U.K. retailers are particularly savvy at ensuring their email messages rise above the clutter.
When compared with retailers in the U.S. and Australia, U.K. businesses give their email subscribers more opportunities to tailor their experience, found Silverpop's review of top retailers' email marketing programs.
Almost half (46%) of British retailers reviewed gave subscribers the ability to select preferences such as email frequency and format.
In the U.S. and Australia, however, only around one-third of retailers offered subscribers a preference option.
Silverpop also found that British retailers were twice as likely as their American counterparts to grab their recipients' attention with personalized subject lines.
"A crowded inbox can be a noisy place, so retailers need to keep their ears closely tuned in to what their subscribers are telling them about the types of messages they want to receive and when," said Bill Nussey, CEO of Silverpop.
One area in which American retailers did out-do both Australian and British retailers was offering deals via email. Nearly nine of 10 (87%) of the U.S. retailers reviewed included sales and special offers in their marketing emails whereas only 58% of U.K. and 56% of Australian retailers did so.
"By carefully listening and tailoring their messages, especially incentives and special offers, to each individual's specific interests, savvy marketers will ensure their messages rise above the growing din--becoming more than just welcomed, but actually helpful as online shoppers carefully consider purchase decisions," added Nussey.
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...