News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google creates umbrella brand for ad buying platforms
All of Google's ad initiatives have been lumped together under an umbrella brand to move the company further toward a one-stop-shop for all Google marketing activities.
Late last Friday, Google's VP of Product Management posted on the official AdWords blog. In the post he announced the new brand name that will incorporate all of the company's display ad platforms except for search - Google Display Network.
Google Display Network will encompass Google's Ad Exchange, YouTube, Google Finance, Gmail, Google Maps, Blogger and, of course, AdSense properties.
This is simply a rebranding exercise.
As VentureBeat's Anthony Ha points out, no changes to any policies or products have been revised. "It's just "an umbrella name" for what Google already offers, namely the ability to run display advertising (usually website banners with images or videos) on a network of more than 1 million publisher sites (including VentureBeat) and on Google-owned sites like YouTube," writes Ha.
The AdWords interface will be updated over the coming weeks to reflect the new brand.
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...