News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google creates umbrella brand for ad buying platforms
All of Google's ad initiatives have been lumped together under an umbrella brand to move the company further toward a one-stop-shop for all Google marketing activities.
Late last Friday, Google's VP of Product Management posted on the official AdWords blog. In the post he announced the new brand name that will incorporate all of the company's display ad platforms except for search - Google Display Network.
Google Display Network will encompass Google's Ad Exchange, YouTube, Google Finance, Gmail, Google Maps, Blogger and, of course, AdSense properties.
This is simply a rebranding exercise.
As VentureBeat's Anthony Ha points out, no changes to any policies or products have been revised. "It's just "an umbrella name" for what Google already offers, namely the ability to run display advertising (usually website banners with images or videos) on a network of more than 1 million publisher sites (including VentureBeat) and on Google-owned sites like YouTube," writes Ha.
The AdWords interface will be updated over the coming weeks to reflect the new brand.
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...