News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google creates umbrella brand for ad buying platforms
All of Google's ad initiatives have been lumped together under an umbrella brand to move the company further toward a one-stop-shop for all Google marketing activities.
Late last Friday, Google's VP of Product Management posted on the official AdWords blog. In the post he announced the new brand name that will incorporate all of the company's display ad platforms except for search - Google Display Network.
Google Display Network will encompass Google's Ad Exchange, YouTube, Google Finance, Gmail, Google Maps, Blogger and, of course, AdSense properties.
This is simply a rebranding exercise.
As VentureBeat's Anthony Ha points out, no changes to any policies or products have been revised. "It's just "an umbrella name" for what Google already offers, namely the ability to run display advertising (usually website banners with images or videos) on a network of more than 1 million publisher sites (including VentureBeat) and on Google-owned sites like YouTube," writes Ha.
The AdWords interface will be updated over the coming weeks to reflect the new brand.
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...