News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google creates umbrella brand for ad buying platforms
All of Google's ad initiatives have been lumped together under an umbrella brand to move the company further toward a one-stop-shop for all Google marketing activities.
Late last Friday, Google's VP of Product Management posted on the official AdWords blog. In the post he announced the new brand name that will incorporate all of the company's display ad platforms except for search - Google Display Network.
Google Display Network will encompass Google's Ad Exchange, YouTube, Google Finance, Gmail, Google Maps, Blogger and, of course, AdSense properties.
This is simply a rebranding exercise.
As VentureBeat's Anthony Ha points out, no changes to any policies or products have been revised. "It's just "an umbrella name" for what Google already offers, namely the ability to run display advertising (usually website banners with images or videos) on a network of more than 1 million publisher sites (including VentureBeat) and on Google-owned sites like YouTube," writes Ha.
The AdWords interface will be updated over the coming weeks to reflect the new brand.
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...