News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google creates umbrella brand for ad buying platforms
All of Google's ad initiatives have been lumped together under an umbrella brand to move the company further toward a one-stop-shop for all Google marketing activities.
Late last Friday, Google's VP of Product Management posted on the official AdWords blog. In the post he announced the new brand name that will incorporate all of the company's display ad platforms except for search - Google Display Network.
Google Display Network will encompass Google's Ad Exchange, YouTube, Google Finance, Gmail, Google Maps, Blogger and, of course, AdSense properties.
This is simply a rebranding exercise.
As VentureBeat's Anthony Ha points out, no changes to any policies or products have been revised. "It's just "an umbrella name" for what Google already offers, namely the ability to run display advertising (usually website banners with images or videos) on a network of more than 1 million publisher sites (including VentureBeat) and on Google-owned sites like YouTube," writes Ha.
The AdWords interface will be updated over the coming weeks to reflect the new brand.
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
- Reports: Mobile data traffic, video trending high
- Survey finds increased interest in online car buying
- Expert: 'Likes' aren't the value of social
- Alternative methods outpace bank cards in global online payments
- Are you EU GDPR ready?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...