News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google discloses size of its ad network
Earlier this week Google disclosed the revenue shares for their two main AdSense products. It appears Google is taking that "spirit of greater transparency" one step further and has now revealed the size of its extensive and lucrative ad network.
In an usual step, Google has released figures that allow the calculation of the size of their ad network empire.
Employing over 20,000 people worldwide, 12,000 of which are employed in the U.S., Google's ad network spans 1.5 million websites and advertisers, according to the Associated Press (AP) who calculated the network size from a state-by-state breakdown of Google Inc.'s operations the company released Tuesday.
"The greater transparency is occurring amid increasing regulatory, political and legal scrutiny of the power that Google has amassed while building the Internet's most profitable ad network around the Web's most popular search engine," reported the AP.
Earlier this week Google disclosed the revenue shares for its AdSense products, revealing that AdSense for content publishers take home 68% of revenue, while AdSense for search participants earn 51% of earned revenue.
"Of course, we can't guarantee that the revenue share will never change (our costs may change significantly, for example), but we don't have any current plans to do so for any AdSense product," explained Neal Mohan, Vice President, Product Management, in a recent blog post.
"Over the next few months we'll begin showing the revenue shares for AdSense for content and AdSense for search right in the AdSense interface."
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...