News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Number of Americans with socnet profiles doubles
In the last two years the percentage of Americans that belong to at least one social network has doubled, according to a new national survey from Arbitron and Edison Research.
In 2008 around a quarter (24%) of Americans age 12 and over had at least one social network profile. That figure has now reached 48% according to Arbitron and Edison's findings outlined in the report, "The Infinite Dial 2010: Digital Platforms and the Future of Radio".
And it's not just the youngsters logging on to the likes of Facebook, MySpace or Bebo. While around three-quarters of teens and young adults have a social networking presence, substantial numbers of Americans age 35 and over now use social networks. The survey found that over half (51%) fell within the 35 - 44 age range.
"The use of social networking sites has expanded beyond younger consumers, with substantial numbers of Americans over the age of 35 now using social media," said Bill Rose, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Arbitron Inc.
Here's another interesting tidbit from the survey's findings. For the first time, more Americans said that, if asked to choose, they would sooner drop their television connection (49%) than their Internet connection (48%).
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...