News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketers willing to commit budget to Twitter
A poll of business users on Twitter found that around a quarter would be willing to pay for additional business functionality on the micro-blogging platform.
WebBizIdeas.com polled 850 business users on Twitter and found that 26% would be willing to part with a portion of their marketing budgets in exchange for enhanced business functionality.
While 31% said no, a sizeable chunk of businesses (43%) were unsure.
When asked "Which advertising options would provide the most value to you?" just 21% said they would most want ads that increase their number of Twitter followers.
"Twitter should monetize through promoting suggested users throughout their site and possibly in the feed," said Jeff Foster, co-founder and SEO specialist at WebBizIdeas.com.
"Businesses could bid on a "price per follower" basis, choosing which location, age group or keywords they wish to target. Like Google and AdWords, this business model will interweave perfectly with their core product."
The majority (68%) said they'd prefer standard display ads with cost-per-click, cost-per-action, or cost-per-impression pricing. Eleven percent said they were unsure.
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...