News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketers willing to commit budget to Twitter
A poll of business users on Twitter found that around a quarter would be willing to pay for additional business functionality on the micro-blogging platform.
WebBizIdeas.com polled 850 business users on Twitter and found that 26% would be willing to part with a portion of their marketing budgets in exchange for enhanced business functionality.
While 31% said no, a sizeable chunk of businesses (43%) were unsure.
When asked "Which advertising options would provide the most value to you?" just 21% said they would most want ads that increase their number of Twitter followers.
"Twitter should monetize through promoting suggested users throughout their site and possibly in the feed," said Jeff Foster, co-founder and SEO specialist at WebBizIdeas.com.
"Businesses could bid on a "price per follower" basis, choosing which location, age group or keywords they wish to target. Like Google and AdWords, this business model will interweave perfectly with their core product."
The majority (68%) said they'd prefer standard display ads with cost-per-click, cost-per-action, or cost-per-impression pricing. Eleven percent said they were unsure.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...