News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketers willing to commit budget to Twitter
A poll of business users on Twitter found that around a quarter would be willing to pay for additional business functionality on the micro-blogging platform.
WebBizIdeas.com polled 850 business users on Twitter and found that 26% would be willing to part with a portion of their marketing budgets in exchange for enhanced business functionality.
While 31% said no, a sizeable chunk of businesses (43%) were unsure.
When asked "Which advertising options would provide the most value to you?" just 21% said they would most want ads that increase their number of Twitter followers.
"Twitter should monetize through promoting suggested users throughout their site and possibly in the feed," said Jeff Foster, co-founder and SEO specialist at WebBizIdeas.com.
"Businesses could bid on a "price per follower" basis, choosing which location, age group or keywords they wish to target. Like Google and AdWords, this business model will interweave perfectly with their core product."
The majority (68%) said they'd prefer standard display ads with cost-per-click, cost-per-action, or cost-per-impression pricing. Eleven percent said they were unsure.
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...