News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketers willing to commit budget to Twitter
A poll of business users on Twitter found that around a quarter would be willing to pay for additional business functionality on the micro-blogging platform.
WebBizIdeas.com polled 850 business users on Twitter and found that 26% would be willing to part with a portion of their marketing budgets in exchange for enhanced business functionality.
While 31% said no, a sizeable chunk of businesses (43%) were unsure.
When asked "Which advertising options would provide the most value to you?" just 21% said they would most want ads that increase their number of Twitter followers.
"Twitter should monetize through promoting suggested users throughout their site and possibly in the feed," said Jeff Foster, co-founder and SEO specialist at WebBizIdeas.com.
"Businesses could bid on a "price per follower" basis, choosing which location, age group or keywords they wish to target. Like Google and AdWords, this business model will interweave perfectly with their core product."
The majority (68%) said they'd prefer standard display ads with cost-per-click, cost-per-action, or cost-per-impression pricing. Eleven percent said they were unsure.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...