News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook's 'like' button spreads across the Internet
Just one week after launch it's clear that many website owners and developers have embraced Facebook's new social plug-ins with tens of thousands adding the "Like" button.
The "Like" button is just one element of Facebook's newly-introduced social plug-ins. It can be placed on a website so that users can "like" almost anything such as a musician, pair of jeans, a movie, social game or a sports team. In just one click, and without leaving the website, the action is seamlessly broadcast on the Facebook user's newsfeed. In addition, the names of Facebook friends who have already clicked the button are displayed alongside.
The idea has certainly taken off. Since last week's launch more than 50,000 websites across the Internet have implemented Facebook's new social plug-ins, such as the "Like" button.
Perhaps Mark Zuckerberg's boast that "When we launch later today, we expect we'll serve 1 billion "Like" buttons on the web within 24 hours" was exceeded.
"Already, just one week since launch, more than 50,000 sites across the Web have implemented the new plug-ins," announced Sandra Liu Huang on Facebook's Developer Blog.
"We are thrilled by the strong adoption so far as developers realize how easy social plug-ins are to use and how powerful they are in engaging users in a frictionless experience without requiring them to share any personal information."
If you want to implement the "Like" button on your website it's a very easy process.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...