News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook's 'like' button spreads across the Internet
Just one week after launch it's clear that many website owners and developers have embraced Facebook's new social plug-ins with tens of thousands adding the "Like" button.
The "Like" button is just one element of Facebook's newly-introduced social plug-ins. It can be placed on a website so that users can "like" almost anything such as a musician, pair of jeans, a movie, social game or a sports team. In just one click, and without leaving the website, the action is seamlessly broadcast on the Facebook user's newsfeed. In addition, the names of Facebook friends who have already clicked the button are displayed alongside.
The idea has certainly taken off. Since last week's launch more than 50,000 websites across the Internet have implemented Facebook's new social plug-ins, such as the "Like" button.
Perhaps Mark Zuckerberg's boast that "When we launch later today, we expect we'll serve 1 billion "Like" buttons on the web within 24 hours" was exceeded.
"Already, just one week since launch, more than 50,000 sites across the Web have implemented the new plug-ins," announced Sandra Liu Huang on Facebook's Developer Blog.
"We are thrilled by the strong adoption so far as developers realize how easy social plug-ins are to use and how powerful they are in engaging users in a frictionless experience without requiring them to share any personal information."
If you want to implement the "Like" button on your website it's a very easy process.
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....