News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook's 'like' button spreads across the Internet
Just one week after launch it's clear that many website owners and developers have embraced Facebook's new social plug-ins with tens of thousands adding the "Like" button.
The "Like" button is just one element of Facebook's newly-introduced social plug-ins. It can be placed on a website so that users can "like" almost anything such as a musician, pair of jeans, a movie, social game or a sports team. In just one click, and without leaving the website, the action is seamlessly broadcast on the Facebook user's newsfeed. In addition, the names of Facebook friends who have already clicked the button are displayed alongside.
The idea has certainly taken off. Since last week's launch more than 50,000 websites across the Internet have implemented Facebook's new social plug-ins, such as the "Like" button.
Perhaps Mark Zuckerberg's boast that "When we launch later today, we expect we'll serve 1 billion "Like" buttons on the web within 24 hours" was exceeded.
"Already, just one week since launch, more than 50,000 sites across the Web have implemented the new plug-ins," announced Sandra Liu Huang on Facebook's Developer Blog.
"We are thrilled by the strong adoption so far as developers realize how easy social plug-ins are to use and how powerful they are in engaging users in a frictionless experience without requiring them to share any personal information."
If you want to implement the "Like" button on your website it's a very easy process.
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....