News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook's 'like' button spreads across the Internet
Just one week after launch it's clear that many website owners and developers have embraced Facebook's new social plug-ins with tens of thousands adding the "Like" button.
The "Like" button is just one element of Facebook's newly-introduced social plug-ins. It can be placed on a website so that users can "like" almost anything such as a musician, pair of jeans, a movie, social game or a sports team. In just one click, and without leaving the website, the action is seamlessly broadcast on the Facebook user's newsfeed. In addition, the names of Facebook friends who have already clicked the button are displayed alongside.
The idea has certainly taken off. Since last week's launch more than 50,000 websites across the Internet have implemented Facebook's new social plug-ins, such as the "Like" button.
Perhaps Mark Zuckerberg's boast that "When we launch later today, we expect we'll serve 1 billion "Like" buttons on the web within 24 hours" was exceeded.
"Already, just one week since launch, more than 50,000 sites across the Web have implemented the new plug-ins," announced Sandra Liu Huang on Facebook's Developer Blog.
"We are thrilled by the strong adoption so far as developers realize how easy social plug-ins are to use and how powerful they are in engaging users in a frictionless experience without requiring them to share any personal information."
If you want to implement the "Like" button on your website it's a very easy process.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...