News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook's 'like' button spreads across the Internet
Just one week after launch it's clear that many website owners and developers have embraced Facebook's new social plug-ins with tens of thousands adding the "Like" button.
The "Like" button is just one element of Facebook's newly-introduced social plug-ins. It can be placed on a website so that users can "like" almost anything such as a musician, pair of jeans, a movie, social game or a sports team. In just one click, and without leaving the website, the action is seamlessly broadcast on the Facebook user's newsfeed. In addition, the names of Facebook friends who have already clicked the button are displayed alongside.
The idea has certainly taken off. Since last week's launch more than 50,000 websites across the Internet have implemented Facebook's new social plug-ins, such as the "Like" button.
Perhaps Mark Zuckerberg's boast that "When we launch later today, we expect we'll serve 1 billion "Like" buttons on the web within 24 hours" was exceeded.
"Already, just one week since launch, more than 50,000 sites across the Web have implemented the new plug-ins," announced Sandra Liu Huang on Facebook's Developer Blog.
"We are thrilled by the strong adoption so far as developers realize how easy social plug-ins are to use and how powerful they are in engaging users in a frictionless experience without requiring them to share any personal information."
If you want to implement the "Like" button on your website it's a very easy process.
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...