News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Unica survey reveals marketers' continuing enthusiasm for social media
Marketing technology provider, Unica, has released findings from its international survey into the level of social media technology adoption, usage and expected usage by direct and online marketers.
Unica's survey of 155 direct and online marketers in North American and Europe found that, in total, 70% of global marketers either currently use social media or are planning to do so in the coming year.
Currently, over half (58%) of U.S. and Canadian marketers use social media to promote their products and services while that number is somewhat lower in Europe, at around 34%.
This gap could soon narrow as 30% of European marketers have shown enthusiasm for embracing new social media tactics this year compared with just 18% of North American marketers.
When it comes to the type of social media being used, social networking sites such as Facebook (82%) and blogs (70%) are highest on the list of channels expected to be used. Microblogging sites, such as Twitter, also rank highly with a 70% net expected usage rate, found Unica.
"While marketers rely heavily on these proven channels, they embrace microblogging sites like Twitter, a newer tactic that, not surprisingly, sees strong growth," states Unica's "State of Marketing 2010" report. "Results also indicate noteworthy growth this year in social tactics that help marketers leverage consumers to extend the reach of their brands and reinforce their messages (viral content/word of mouth, user-generated content, and voting features/product reviews)."
While social media remains front of mind for many marketers, according to a recent report form the Marketing Executives Networking Group (MENG), marketers are beginning to tire of social media buzzwords.
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...