News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies reveal video ads raise brand engagement
A .Fox/comScore study into the effectiveness of video ads on brand engagement in the U.K. has found they provide a significant uplift in traffic and search queries.
After analyzing four industries in Britain (government, travel, finance and utilities) across four ad campaigns involving 300 million impressions, comScore concluded that video ads greatly enhance brand engagement.
The average uplift across the four campaigns after people viewed a video ad was a seven-fold increase in site traffic over a four week period following exposure to an ad.
In addition, there was an increased likelihood that those who viewed the video ad would go on to search on brand names or relevant generic terms.
"The study underscores the fact that consumer search behavior is positively impacted by the presence of display or video advertising -- even in the face of minimal clicks," said comScore in a recent press release.
"In each of the four campaigns, search activity increased significantly when consumers were exposed to these online ad formats, suggesting that the last click on a search ad should not be given 100% of the credit in attribution studies."
Another recent survey, this time from comScore and VideoEgg, also found that video ads proved more engaging. VideoEgg's own AdFrame units were found to be around twice as effective as standard IAB banners for driving brand awareness.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....