News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies reveal video ads raise brand engagement
A .Fox/comScore study into the effectiveness of video ads on brand engagement in the U.K. has found they provide a significant uplift in traffic and search queries.
After analyzing four industries in Britain (government, travel, finance and utilities) across four ad campaigns involving 300 million impressions, comScore concluded that video ads greatly enhance brand engagement.
The average uplift across the four campaigns after people viewed a video ad was a seven-fold increase in site traffic over a four week period following exposure to an ad.
In addition, there was an increased likelihood that those who viewed the video ad would go on to search on brand names or relevant generic terms.
"The study underscores the fact that consumer search behavior is positively impacted by the presence of display or video advertising -- even in the face of minimal clicks," said comScore in a recent press release.
"In each of the four campaigns, search activity increased significantly when consumers were exposed to these online ad formats, suggesting that the last click on a search ad should not be given 100% of the credit in attribution studies."
Another recent survey, this time from comScore and VideoEgg, also found that video ads proved more engaging. VideoEgg's own AdFrame units were found to be around twice as effective as standard IAB banners for driving brand awareness.
- Banking industry figures show silver surfers avid users of Internet, mobile banking
- Top 3 holiday trends than will impact 2015
- Valentine's Surveys: What couples are looking
- Shareholic: Facebook now accounts for 25% of social referrals
- Brand Keys predicts Super Bowl winners, losers
- Top 3 data collection trends for 2015
- ChoiceStream: Sports audiences costing brands more
- UK: Privacy concerns rising, trust falling
Featured White Papers
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...