News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies reveal video ads raise brand engagement
A .Fox/comScore study into the effectiveness of video ads on brand engagement in the U.K. has found they provide a significant uplift in traffic and search queries.
After analyzing four industries in Britain (government, travel, finance and utilities) across four ad campaigns involving 300 million impressions, comScore concluded that video ads greatly enhance brand engagement.
The average uplift across the four campaigns after people viewed a video ad was a seven-fold increase in site traffic over a four week period following exposure to an ad.
In addition, there was an increased likelihood that those who viewed the video ad would go on to search on brand names or relevant generic terms.
"The study underscores the fact that consumer search behavior is positively impacted by the presence of display or video advertising -- even in the face of minimal clicks," said comScore in a recent press release.
"In each of the four campaigns, search activity increased significantly when consumers were exposed to these online ad formats, suggesting that the last click on a search ad should not be given 100% of the credit in attribution studies."
Another recent survey, this time from comScore and VideoEgg, also found that video ads proved more engaging. VideoEgg's own AdFrame units were found to be around twice as effective as standard IAB banners for driving brand awareness.
- Study: Ebay, Amazon the most visible search advertisers
- Mobile users are banking on a date
- Eight in ten disappointed shoppers give retailers no chance to fix problem
- Report: BTS spending to increase
- Study: Behavioral data influencing more shoppers
- Report: Data scientists spend bulk of time cleaning up
- Retailers: 3 ways shoppers are gaming you
- Mobile Roundup: 2 solutions in the mobile space to broaden reach
Featured White Papers
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...