News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies reveal video ads raise brand engagement
A .Fox/comScore study into the effectiveness of video ads on brand engagement in the U.K. has found they provide a significant uplift in traffic and search queries.
After analyzing four industries in Britain (government, travel, finance and utilities) across four ad campaigns involving 300 million impressions, comScore concluded that video ads greatly enhance brand engagement.
The average uplift across the four campaigns after people viewed a video ad was a seven-fold increase in site traffic over a four week period following exposure to an ad.
In addition, there was an increased likelihood that those who viewed the video ad would go on to search on brand names or relevant generic terms.
"The study underscores the fact that consumer search behavior is positively impacted by the presence of display or video advertising -- even in the face of minimal clicks," said comScore in a recent press release.
"In each of the four campaigns, search activity increased significantly when consumers were exposed to these online ad formats, suggesting that the last click on a search ad should not be given 100% of the credit in attribution studies."
Another recent survey, this time from comScore and VideoEgg, also found that video ads proved more engaging. VideoEgg's own AdFrame units were found to be around twice as effective as standard IAB banners for driving brand awareness.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...