News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Search traffic down, Facebook search queries up
A growing user base and a page redesign that gives search more prominence has seen the number of search queries on Facebook increase significantly over the last month, according to new figures out this week from comScore.
Between January and February this year, search queries on Facebook increased 10% from 395 million to 436 million searches. Many put this down to the social network's recent redesign, which saw the search box moved to center stage, coupled with its burgeoning user base.
The new figures put Facebook at 18th in comScore's rankings - way below the likes of Google and Yahoo. Nonetheless, overall Internet search traffic fell by 4% from January with Google down 4%, Yahoo 6% and Microsoft 3% so Facebook's increase is made all the more significant.
Also of interest is Bing's slight rise in search traffic of 0.2%. Could this be as a result of its partnership with Facebook? After all, a Facebook search now pretty much equals a Bing search plus, if a search isn't satisfied on Facebook they are sent off-site to the Bing platform.
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...