News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Flash sales draw consumers online
Online discounts are pulling Americans out of bricks and mortar stores that are selling their wares at regular prices, according to a new study from Kelton Research.
Over three in five Americans prefer to spend their hard-earned dollars on discounted items online than in retail stores, found Kelton Research's study. Hardly surprising when you consider consumers saved a combined total of around $500 million by shopping via online sales in 2009. That figure is expected to double this year.
One of the most popular ways in which consumers get the best deals is via "flash sales". These limited-time deals offer attractive discounts averaging 50% off retail prices.
"It is not surprising that 63% of Americans prefer shopping via online sample sale sites like TOTSY.com, since they provide consumers with high quality products at prices they can afford in this economy," said Guillaume Gauthereau, CEO of TOTSY.com, which specializes in discounted branded products for moms with membership.
"Just like Vente Privee pioneered in France, sites like TOTSY.com are changing the way consumers shop in every category from children's products and high end fashion to home décor and travel," he added.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...