News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Flash sales draw consumers online
Online discounts are pulling Americans out of bricks and mortar stores that are selling their wares at regular prices, according to a new study from Kelton Research.
Over three in five Americans prefer to spend their hard-earned dollars on discounted items online than in retail stores, found Kelton Research's study. Hardly surprising when you consider consumers saved a combined total of around $500 million by shopping via online sales in 2009. That figure is expected to double this year.
One of the most popular ways in which consumers get the best deals is via "flash sales". These limited-time deals offer attractive discounts averaging 50% off retail prices.
"It is not surprising that 63% of Americans prefer shopping via online sample sale sites like TOTSY.com, since they provide consumers with high quality products at prices they can afford in this economy," said Guillaume Gauthereau, CEO of TOTSY.com, which specializes in discounted branded products for moms with membership.
"Just like Vente Privee pioneered in France, sites like TOTSY.com are changing the way consumers shop in every category from children's products and high end fashion to home décor and travel," he added.
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- 51% of Brits can not spot ads in search results
- Clean fraud and account takeover top UK businesses fraud concerns
- Survey: Elections worrisome for SMB owners
- Reports: Online crucial for SMBs
- 3 trends to watch in social marketing
- Expert: How extreme stacking can benefit retailers
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...