News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Flash sales draw consumers online
Online discounts are pulling Americans out of bricks and mortar stores that are selling their wares at regular prices, according to a new study from Kelton Research.
Over three in five Americans prefer to spend their hard-earned dollars on discounted items online than in retail stores, found Kelton Research's study. Hardly surprising when you consider consumers saved a combined total of around $500 million by shopping via online sales in 2009. That figure is expected to double this year.
One of the most popular ways in which consumers get the best deals is via "flash sales". These limited-time deals offer attractive discounts averaging 50% off retail prices.
"It is not surprising that 63% of Americans prefer shopping via online sample sale sites like TOTSY.com, since they provide consumers with high quality products at prices they can afford in this economy," said Guillaume Gauthereau, CEO of TOTSY.com, which specializes in discounted branded products for moms with membership.
"Just like Vente Privee pioneered in France, sites like TOTSY.com are changing the way consumers shop in every category from children's products and high end fashion to home décor and travel," he added.
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...