News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Flash sales draw consumers online
Online discounts are pulling Americans out of bricks and mortar stores that are selling their wares at regular prices, according to a new study from Kelton Research.
Over three in five Americans prefer to spend their hard-earned dollars on discounted items online than in retail stores, found Kelton Research's study. Hardly surprising when you consider consumers saved a combined total of around $500 million by shopping via online sales in 2009. That figure is expected to double this year.
One of the most popular ways in which consumers get the best deals is via "flash sales". These limited-time deals offer attractive discounts averaging 50% off retail prices.
"It is not surprising that 63% of Americans prefer shopping via online sample sale sites like TOTSY.com, since they provide consumers with high quality products at prices they can afford in this economy," said Guillaume Gauthereau, CEO of TOTSY.com, which specializes in discounted branded products for moms with membership.
"Just like Vente Privee pioneered in France, sites like TOTSY.com are changing the way consumers shop in every category from children's products and high end fashion to home décor and travel," he added.
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...