News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: iPad, e-Reader consumers want content
Don't look to the iPad to solely deliver more video consumers. According to research from comScore both Apple's iPad and the emerging e-Reader consumer base are most interested in consuming readable content on the devices, no surprise as most e-Readers offer very limited access to anything other than reading material.
But it is interesting to note that reading books or other content was so high on the priority list for potential iPad consumers as the iPad offers full online capabilities including video and social networking. The report found that 37% of iPad consumers are likely to read books, 34% to read newspapers and 36% to watch video content. Of course email (48%) and simple mobile browsing (50%) were high on the priority list for iPad consumers.
The e-content base is an important base for advertisers. The comScore report indicates that iPad consumers and e-Reader consumers are willing to pay for online content (52%) and half have spent at least $60 for e-books for the past three months. Non-owners of e-Readers and iPads, comparatively, spent only 24% have spent $60 or more on e-books and only about 22% are interested in paying for any type of content.
Serge Matta, comScore executive vice president said, "These devices have the potential to be incredibly disruptive to the way consumers currently access digital content. While only time will tell exactly how consumer behavior will change, our research suggests that not only will a variety of markets be impacted by the introduction of these devices but also that there are substantial opportunities for those in the digital content ecosystem."
Although the iPad does offer more funcationality for marketers - the reach of video and readable content is only one - the e-Reader marketplace may offer advertisers access to a more targeted consumer base because of the limited use for current e-Readers.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...