News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2010 landmark year as online ad spending overtakes print
The tide of technological change continues to mould the print landscape. New figures released by research firm Outsell show that, for the first time ever, businesses plan to spend more this year on digital and online advertising and marketing than on print.
2010 could be a landmark year in the history of print and the Internet if Outsell's forecasts for advertising and marketing spending pan out.
The research firm has released figures that show companies intend to spend $119.6 billion on their online and digital efforts this year compared with just $111.5 billion on newspaper and magazine campaigns.
In 2009, print spending accounted for 32% of total marketing and advertising spending compared with 30% for online and digital. This year, print will make up 30% and online 33%.
"Advertisers are directing dollars toward the channels which generate the most qualified leads and most effective branding," said Outsell vice president and lead analyst Chuck Richard.
"As they emerge from the recession, they need more accountability, and they're spreading their spending over a widening set of options."
Of course, it was always going to happen and, even if Outsell's figures aren't realized this year, it's only a matter of time.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...