News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
2010 landmark year as online ad spending overtakes print
The tide of technological change continues to mould the print landscape. New figures released by research firm Outsell show that, for the first time ever, businesses plan to spend more this year on digital and online advertising and marketing than on print.
2010 could be a landmark year in the history of print and the Internet if Outsell's forecasts for advertising and marketing spending pan out.
The research firm has released figures that show companies intend to spend $119.6 billion on their online and digital efforts this year compared with just $111.5 billion on newspaper and magazine campaigns.
In 2009, print spending accounted for 32% of total marketing and advertising spending compared with 30% for online and digital. This year, print will make up 30% and online 33%.
"Advertisers are directing dollars toward the channels which generate the most qualified leads and most effective branding," said Outsell vice president and lead analyst Chuck Richard.
"As they emerge from the recession, they need more accountability, and they're spreading their spending over a widening set of options."
Of course, it was always going to happen and, even if Outsell's figures aren't realized this year, it's only a matter of time.
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
- Study: Shoppers want email contact
- New eBay ad targeting tool knows what mood a shopper is in
- Ad Roundup: Data key to new launches
- Top 3 tips to improve travel marketing strategy
- Millennials embrace marketing emails via mobile
- Video posts overtake photo posts by brands on Facebook
- Two-thirds of customers feel undervalued by providers
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....