News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile survey gets 20,000 responses
If you're still on the fence about mobile marketing a new report from mobile community MocoSpace may change your mind. The mobile network polled its members via their handsets and received 20,000 responses. Considering that many email polls, 'traditional' social network or online polls receive only 2,000 to 3,000 responses, this is a big indicator that mobile consumers are more engaged with the space.
The Valentine's Day themed poll asked members to talk about their social networks likes/dislikes, what kind of personal information was relevant in the social space, if they had flirted/broken up via a mobile and other mobile and dating themed questions.
"Connecting with friends new and old on mobile phone is not only her to stay, it's just starting to explode," said Justin Siegel, CEO of MocoSpace. MocoSpace was named the 4th Largets Mobile Website [US] by Ground Truth recently. "Our growth, which was already substantial [in 2009] has accelerated much faster than forecasted."
Although many brands in the mobile space are using typical advertising practices rather than personal experience polls, this report indicates that mobiles can be used for many other purposes than advertising to engage the consumer base.
Mobile can be used to:
• Poll existing users about their wants
• Engage consumers about specific product news/upcoming events
• Obtain survey responses regarding upcoming launches
Here are more tips for engaging mobile consumers.
According to a recent eMarketer report, the mobile ad spend is expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2013, up from $416 million (2009) and $320 million (2008). This year the mobile spend is expected to reach nearly $600 million.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...