News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile survey gets 20,000 responses
If you're still on the fence about mobile marketing a new report from mobile community MocoSpace may change your mind. The mobile network polled its members via their handsets and received 20,000 responses. Considering that many email polls, 'traditional' social network or online polls receive only 2,000 to 3,000 responses, this is a big indicator that mobile consumers are more engaged with the space.
The Valentine's Day themed poll asked members to talk about their social networks likes/dislikes, what kind of personal information was relevant in the social space, if they had flirted/broken up via a mobile and other mobile and dating themed questions.
"Connecting with friends new and old on mobile phone is not only her to stay, it's just starting to explode," said Justin Siegel, CEO of MocoSpace. MocoSpace was named the 4th Largets Mobile Website [US] by Ground Truth recently. "Our growth, which was already substantial [in 2009] has accelerated much faster than forecasted."
Although many brands in the mobile space are using typical advertising practices rather than personal experience polls, this report indicates that mobiles can be used for many other purposes than advertising to engage the consumer base.
Mobile can be used to:
• Poll existing users about their wants
• Engage consumers about specific product news/upcoming events
• Obtain survey responses regarding upcoming launches
Here are more tips for engaging mobile consumers.
According to a recent eMarketer report, the mobile ad spend is expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2013, up from $416 million (2009) and $320 million (2008). This year the mobile spend is expected to reach nearly $600 million.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...