News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore reports continued growth in online video market
Online video viewing figures continue to rise significantly month on month and comScore's latest report for December shows Hulu breaking a few of its own records.
Across the board, the online video market continued to grow with almost 178 million U.S. Internet users watching 33.2 billion videos in December, 2009, alone. In other words, 86.5% of total U.S. Internet users watched online videos. The average number of videos viewed per user was 187, or about 6 per day, with an average length of 4.1 minutes.
Hulu, the online repurposed television content aggregator co-owned by NBC Universal, News Corp. and The Walt Disney Co., had cause for celebration. They broke through the 1 billion mark for the number of videos streamed in December, 2009, found comScore. Another all-time high for the company was the number of videos watched per viewer - up to 22.9 from 21.1 in November.
Despite their successes, Hulu remains in second place as YouTube continues to lead the pack by a huge margin. Around 13 billion (40%) of the 33.2 billion videos were watched on the Google-owned site.
The top video ad networks in terms of their actual reach delivered were:-
- Tremor Media Video Network with 30.5% penetration
- BrightRoll Video Network with 21.7%,
- BBE with 21.2%.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...