News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore reports continued growth in online video market
Online video viewing figures continue to rise significantly month on month and comScore's latest report for December shows Hulu breaking a few of its own records.
Across the board, the online video market continued to grow with almost 178 million U.S. Internet users watching 33.2 billion videos in December, 2009, alone. In other words, 86.5% of total U.S. Internet users watched online videos. The average number of videos viewed per user was 187, or about 6 per day, with an average length of 4.1 minutes.
Hulu, the online repurposed television content aggregator co-owned by NBC Universal, News Corp. and The Walt Disney Co., had cause for celebration. They broke through the 1 billion mark for the number of videos streamed in December, 2009, found comScore. Another all-time high for the company was the number of videos watched per viewer - up to 22.9 from 21.1 in November.
Despite their successes, Hulu remains in second place as YouTube continues to lead the pack by a huge margin. Around 13 billion (40%) of the 33.2 billion videos were watched on the Google-owned site.
The top video ad networks in terms of their actual reach delivered were:-
- Tremor Media Video Network with 30.5% penetration
- BrightRoll Video Network with 21.7%,
- BBE with 21.2%.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...