News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
92% SMB owners recommend business-focused online networking
A survey of small businesses in the U.K. reveals that the vast majority support and recommend the use of networking online via business-focused websites such as LinkedIn and Xing.
WeCanDo.biz's Business Networking Trends survey of over 250 participants (83% of which were board level or proprietor, and 92% from firms with fewer than 50 staff) found that two-thirds feel they are closer to their intended market, or customers, via online networking.
In fact, so impressed are small business owners with the performance of online networking that 92% would recommend their contacts network professionally online.
The survey also found that while nearly a quarter of small businesses are using Twitter for business networking, 39% are wary of using Facebook for business reasons and refuse to add business contacts as friends, perhaps keeping the social networking site for personal use. Just under half (48%) conduct their professional networking on business-focused networks such as LinkedIn and Xing.
"What motivates entrepreneurs is real business," explained Ian Hendry, founder and CEO of WeCanDo.biz. "They want online networks to broker introductions to other professionals with a need for what they do. It may be a function of the recession that business people now expect a much more tangible return from the time they invest online. Clearly, not all networking sites are delivering."
Other findings from the survey include:
- 59% have won customers or done business as a direct result of online networking sites
- 78% are open to purchasing from contacts made on such sites
- Over half plan to increase online networking activities
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...