News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Boomers consuming more media
Don't look to Millenials as the touchstone for how much time is spent online. According to a recent report from CPH Research baby boomers, those between age 42 and 64, are spending more time online and are least willing to give up Internet access.
The report differentiates between younger boomers (those between ages 42 and 52 and) older boomers (called Ikes, those between ages 53 and 64), noting that while both are spending time online the older generation is most likely to look to traditional media resources for news and information. 62% of boomers were found to spend more time online in 2009 than in 2008.
"> interesting findings include:
• 73% report offering advice to those who ask
• 78% report new technology playing an important part in their life
• Boomers have more in-person contact with friends/family
• Boomers are more likely to own a business or volunteer than other social media consumers
• Boomers are increasing time spent with social networks and time spent receiving news (television and newspaper)
"With more time being spent online, and the emergence of the new Social Media Mavens among Boomers, this is further confirmation for companies targeting the mature consumer that online media should be at the core of an integrated marketing campaign," said Lori Bitter, President, Continuum Crew. "The aging of America is shaping global marketing trends and no one is fueling the zeitgeist more than Boomers, who are craving a story and a reason to align themselves with a brand. Although they are the 'have-it-my-way' generation, many companies are missing the invitation and the opportunity to personalize their message."
The study was conducted by CPH Research, LLC on behalf of Continuum Crew.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...