News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Boomers consuming more media
Don't look to Millenials as the touchstone for how much time is spent online. According to a recent report from CPH Research baby boomers, those between age 42 and 64, are spending more time online and are least willing to give up Internet access.
The report differentiates between younger boomers (those between ages 42 and 52 and) older boomers (called Ikes, those between ages 53 and 64), noting that while both are spending time online the older generation is most likely to look to traditional media resources for news and information. 62% of boomers were found to spend more time online in 2009 than in 2008.
"> interesting findings include:
• 73% report offering advice to those who ask
• 78% report new technology playing an important part in their life
• Boomers have more in-person contact with friends/family
• Boomers are more likely to own a business or volunteer than other social media consumers
• Boomers are increasing time spent with social networks and time spent receiving news (television and newspaper)
"With more time being spent online, and the emergence of the new Social Media Mavens among Boomers, this is further confirmation for companies targeting the mature consumer that online media should be at the core of an integrated marketing campaign," said Lori Bitter, President, Continuum Crew. "The aging of America is shaping global marketing trends and no one is fueling the zeitgeist more than Boomers, who are craving a story and a reason to align themselves with a brand. Although they are the 'have-it-my-way' generation, many companies are missing the invitation and the opportunity to personalize their message."
The study was conducted by CPH Research, LLC on behalf of Continuum Crew.
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...