News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hallmark brings augmented reality to the masses this Valentine's Day
The 100 year old greeting card firm looks to the future as it unveils the first in a line of augmented reality cards that, quite literally, give messages a new dimension.
But now, mainstream stores will carry a selection of greeting cards laced with augmented reality which simply require a computer, or mobile, equipped with a webcam to view them in their full glory. The cards, produced by Hallmark, a company celebrating its 100th birthday this year, shows the forward-looking nature of a business that has kept up with many changes over the last century.
Launching just in time for Valentine's Day the first "webcam greetings" line consists of ten variations including licensed properties such as Scooby Doo and Snoopy, with more being introduced in the coming year. The cards will retail for $2.99 each except for those that include sound, which will retail for $5.99 each.
"As Hallmark embarks upon our next 100 years in business, it's important to continually identify new ways to help amplify the emotions our consumers feel when experiencing and sharing our products," said Monic Muldrew, associate product manager. "With the experience available through these cards that come to life with a webcam, we hope consumers will fully explore and interact with this fun new way to connect."
As augmented reality becomes more mainstream marketers should look for opportunities where the technology can enhance not only ad content but also emotional reactions to marketing communications. Augmented reality can pack a lot of punch, and information, into a small printed item - such as a business card or technical specification.
Another bonus is the ability to tie together print media campaigns with some of the newest digital technology to bring a more interactive and engaging experience for consumers.
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...