News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BrandShield tool protects from inappropriate content
In the new year, marketers will have help in protecting brand from inappropriate content. The newly released BrandSafe tool from DoubleVerify helps to block advertisements from appearing next to content which can be harmful to brand image or message. Although some brands can be more experimental or lenient toward certain types of content, many brands must be vigilant about how and where their ads are seen.
Ad placement can be equally good or bad, depending on the adjacent content. Relevant content has been shown to deepen consumers' engagement level, pushing more clicks and conversions. The problem is that not all relevant content is brand-safe and placement which is inappropriate can reflect badly on the brand.
The big benefit to the DoubleVerify platform is that it delivers real time, scalable information to brand marketers with which to make their decisions.
"Built on top of our existing robust and scalable verification infrastructure and working closely with our customers, we've now met this goal," said Oren Netzer, Co-Founder and CEO of DoubleVerify. "Real-time inappropriate content prevention changes the playing field and significantly reduces advertiser exposure to this threat to their brand equity and ROI."
The solution also helps in the deliverability of some ads. According to the company up to 70% of ads are block because of nested IFRAMES, a code which some ad solutions have trouble with; because the Nested IFRAMES cannot identify ads, many are blocked and never delivered. The BrandSafe platform recognized the Nested IFRAMES, pushes through and delivers the ad.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...