News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google takes coupons mobile
This week Google announced they are enabling small businesses and other retailers that use their Local Business Center to take their coupons mobile.
As well as redemption rates higher than paper-based coupons, mobile coupons have a number of advantages over their hard-copy cousins. Not only can offers be targeted in real-time and geographically but they are eco-friendly and cost-efficient.
Now, Google is making it easier for U.S. marketers with Local Business Center listings to have coupons already included in their business listings made available to be viewed on mobile devices. To make existing coupons available on mobile, simply edit them and check the box for Mobile Distribution.
"When users pull up your business listing on their mobile phone, they'll see a section that lists the available coupons. They can then click to find a specially-formatted page which shows all the coupon details they need for redeeming it," explains David Armstrong, Google Software Engineer. "Now even when customers are on the go, they can see all the great values and offers available from your business."
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
- Study: Visuals important in reviews
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...