News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google takes coupons mobile
This week Google announced they are enabling small businesses and other retailers that use their Local Business Center to take their coupons mobile.
As well as redemption rates higher than paper-based coupons, mobile coupons have a number of advantages over their hard-copy cousins. Not only can offers be targeted in real-time and geographically but they are eco-friendly and cost-efficient.
Now, Google is making it easier for U.S. marketers with Local Business Center listings to have coupons already included in their business listings made available to be viewed on mobile devices. To make existing coupons available on mobile, simply edit them and check the box for Mobile Distribution.
"When users pull up your business listing on their mobile phone, they'll see a section that lists the available coupons. They can then click to find a specially-formatted page which shows all the coupon details they need for redeeming it," explains David Armstrong, Google Software Engineer. "Now even when customers are on the go, they can see all the great values and offers available from your business."
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
- Alternative to Dropbox and Box
- Use response to welcome emails to predict future subscriber engagement
Featured White Papers
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...