News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google takes coupons mobile
This week Google announced they are enabling small businesses and other retailers that use their Local Business Center to take their coupons mobile.
As well as redemption rates higher than paper-based coupons, mobile coupons have a number of advantages over their hard-copy cousins. Not only can offers be targeted in real-time and geographically but they are eco-friendly and cost-efficient.
Now, Google is making it easier for U.S. marketers with Local Business Center listings to have coupons already included in their business listings made available to be viewed on mobile devices. To make existing coupons available on mobile, simply edit them and check the box for Mobile Distribution.
"When users pull up your business listing on their mobile phone, they'll see a section that lists the available coupons. They can then click to find a specially-formatted page which shows all the coupon details they need for redeeming it," explains David Armstrong, Google Software Engineer. "Now even when customers are on the go, they can see all the great values and offers available from your business."
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Top place for UK mobile shoppers is in bed
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...