News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google takes coupons mobile
This week Google announced they are enabling small businesses and other retailers that use their Local Business Center to take their coupons mobile.
As well as redemption rates higher than paper-based coupons, mobile coupons have a number of advantages over their hard-copy cousins. Not only can offers be targeted in real-time and geographically but they are eco-friendly and cost-efficient.
Now, Google is making it easier for U.S. marketers with Local Business Center listings to have coupons already included in their business listings made available to be viewed on mobile devices. To make existing coupons available on mobile, simply edit them and check the box for Mobile Distribution.
"When users pull up your business listing on their mobile phone, they'll see a section that lists the available coupons. They can then click to find a specially-formatted page which shows all the coupon details they need for redeeming it," explains David Armstrong, Google Software Engineer. "Now even when customers are on the go, they can see all the great values and offers available from your business."
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...