News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google takes coupons mobile
This week Google announced they are enabling small businesses and other retailers that use their Local Business Center to take their coupons mobile.
As well as redemption rates higher than paper-based coupons, mobile coupons have a number of advantages over their hard-copy cousins. Not only can offers be targeted in real-time and geographically but they are eco-friendly and cost-efficient.
Now, Google is making it easier for U.S. marketers with Local Business Center listings to have coupons already included in their business listings made available to be viewed on mobile devices. To make existing coupons available on mobile, simply edit them and check the box for Mobile Distribution.
"When users pull up your business listing on their mobile phone, they'll see a section that lists the available coupons. They can then click to find a specially-formatted page which shows all the coupon details they need for redeeming it," explains David Armstrong, Google Software Engineer. "Now even when customers are on the go, they can see all the great values and offers available from your business."
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...