News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 92% say online shopping experience enhanced by real-time assistance
Online retailers need to consider live online help options to enhance the shopping experience, cut cart abandonment rates and increase loyalty, according to the results of a new survey from e-commerce solutions company, ATG.
In their recent survey of 1,000 Internet users ATG found that the majority of respondents preferred click-to-call services over click-to-chat services when making a purchase or applying for a service that costs more than $100.
In addition, 67% of the respondents preferred click-to-call when a service or product costs between $100 and $500, while over three-quarters preferred it when the product or service cost more than $500.
Price is not the only reason shoppers turn to live-voice help. ATG's survey found that the need for more product or service information drove 58% of respondents to seek live assistance, whereas 57% engage in live calls because they want to be sure the sales staff understand their, often complex, questions.
"The results of this survey show that consumers not only prefer e-commerce sites that offer easy, instant voice and chat connections to customer care representatives; but most importantly, they reward those sites with their business," said Ryan Hoppe, marketing director for ATG.
"It's now more important than ever that online businesses make it easy for online shoppers to receive real-time assistance - via both click to call and click to chat. This study shows that a toll-free number is simply not good enough to meet consumers' rising expectations for immediate online customer service."
For e-retailers, offering live help options can increase sales, lower shopping cart abandonment rates and increase loyalty. ATG quotes reduced cart abandonment rates of 25% - 35% and conversion rates 20 - 30% higher than average. On top of that, customer experience was found to be enhanced, with 92% of respondents saying so.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...