News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hitwise: Facebook experiences 194% YoY market share growth
The social networking site Facebook is proving it's no fad as its market share continues to grow at a pace and time spent on the site rises, according to new data released last week by Hitwise.
In the last year Facebook has grown 194% to capture almost 60% of the market share of US. Back in September 2008 Facebook captured a relatively miniscule 19.9% of the overall U.S. market, way behind rival MySpace. Nowadays, Facebook's share is almost double that of MySpace.
Twitter also witnessed enormous growth, reported Hitwise, rising 1170% YoY, although the micro-blogging platform only represents 1.84% of the U.S. market.
However, MySpace users spend more time on the site than any other social networking venue averaging 25 minutes and 56 seconds each month. In comparison, Tagged users hang around for 25 minutes 17 seconds and Facebook users 23 minutes.
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...