News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hitwise: Facebook experiences 194% YoY market share growth
The social networking site Facebook is proving it's no fad as its market share continues to grow at a pace and time spent on the site rises, according to new data released last week by Hitwise.
In the last year Facebook has grown 194% to capture almost 60% of the market share of US. Back in September 2008 Facebook captured a relatively miniscule 19.9% of the overall U.S. market, way behind rival MySpace. Nowadays, Facebook's share is almost double that of MySpace.
Twitter also witnessed enormous growth, reported Hitwise, rising 1170% YoY, although the micro-blogging platform only represents 1.84% of the U.S. market.
However, MySpace users spend more time on the site than any other social networking venue averaging 25 minutes and 56 seconds each month. In comparison, Tagged users hang around for 25 minutes 17 seconds and Facebook users 23 minutes.
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...