News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Have you met the omni-channel shoppers?
There's a new breed of shopper emerging that are empowered, informed and connected. They require marketers to embrace multiple channels and delve deep into the buying psyche of consumers. They are on the move and they spend more than most - they are the omni-channel shoppers.
Omni-channel shoppers are valuable consumers in terms of spend, loyalty and value over time according to a new study from IDC Retail Insights titled "Satisfying the Omni-channel Consumers Whenever and Wherever They Shop".
Findings show that, while multi-channel shoppers spend, on average, 15% to 30% more with a retailer than someone who uses only one channel, omni-channel shoppers will spend 15% to 30% more than multi-channel consumers.
In addition, omni-channel shoppers are more likely to influence others via their social networks and online activity and exhibit strong loyalty.
So who are these omni-channel shoppers? IDC identified three distinct types:
- Omni/Integrated. Affluent, home-oriented but well connected on the move and at the office, 30 to 50 years old.
- Young Mobile. Shoppers younger than 30 who are constantly on the move, but who primarily text and rarely email.
- Social Networker. Primarily young but span all age groups. Connected by interest rather than age or location.
"If these are the people you are trying to attract to your retail stores, you have to get up with mobile marketing and social media so you are ever-present in their worlds," advised Leslie Hand, research director, IDC Retail Insights and co-author of the study. "Our projection is they'll become more loyal to you, like shopping with their best friend, based on your consistent presence in their lives."
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...