News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Have you met the omni-channel shoppers?
There's a new breed of shopper emerging that are empowered, informed and connected. They require marketers to embrace multiple channels and delve deep into the buying psyche of consumers. They are on the move and they spend more than most - they are the omni-channel shoppers.
Omni-channel shoppers are valuable consumers in terms of spend, loyalty and value over time according to a new study from IDC Retail Insights titled "Satisfying the Omni-channel Consumers Whenever and Wherever They Shop".
Findings show that, while multi-channel shoppers spend, on average, 15% to 30% more with a retailer than someone who uses only one channel, omni-channel shoppers will spend 15% to 30% more than multi-channel consumers.
In addition, omni-channel shoppers are more likely to influence others via their social networks and online activity and exhibit strong loyalty.
So who are these omni-channel shoppers? IDC identified three distinct types:
- Omni/Integrated. Affluent, home-oriented but well connected on the move and at the office, 30 to 50 years old.
- Young Mobile. Shoppers younger than 30 who are constantly on the move, but who primarily text and rarely email.
- Social Networker. Primarily young but span all age groups. Connected by interest rather than age or location.
"If these are the people you are trying to attract to your retail stores, you have to get up with mobile marketing and social media so you are ever-present in their worlds," advised Leslie Hand, research director, IDC Retail Insights and co-author of the study. "Our projection is they'll become more loyal to you, like shopping with their best friend, based on your consistent presence in their lives."
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...