News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media on marketers' menu for 2010
It looks like social media is on the menu for most marketers next year. A survey of almost 2,000 MediaPost subscribers found that over half plan to have "a presence on social networks" as part of their marketing mix in 2010.
While email remained the most popular media among marketers for use next year (56.8% "realistically" plan to use it), social media isn't far behind. Over half (56.3%) "realistically" plan to include it in future marketing plans, found the Center for Media Research.
"We expect that the data and insights in the study can assist agencies and other media planners and buyers to make the case for particular media spending next year," said Chuck Martin, Director of the Center for Media Research.
What is not clear from the report, however, is the level of spend the survey respondents intended to allocate to social media. Many companies are aware that they need to be in the social space but are still testing the water and large spends are unlikely until social media becomes a proven and accountable medium.
The resulting list of popular media for 2010 is as follows:
• Email, with 56.8% realistically planning to use it
• Social networks (56.3%)
• Keyword search (49.7%)
• Radio (42.2%)
• Magazines (42.1%)
• Online display (40.5%)
• Event sponsorship (36.9%)
• Rich media display (35.5%)
• Direct mail (34.7%)
• Regional TV (32.8%)
• Regional newspapers (31.7%)
• Out-of-home (31.2%)
• Email sponsorship (29.5%)
• Online video (26.7%)
• Mobile SMS text (26.1%)
• National TV (18.2%)
• National newspapers (14.8%)
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...