News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Merchant Circle adds consumer connection to network
When it comes to marketing, local is sometimes the hardest sell. Marketers know they need to find local consumers to visit their store - online or offline - but finding those consumers can be hard. Consumers are turning off traditional radio, getting news from aggregator services and TiVoing through commercials on television. Enter a new 'neighborhood' connection from MerchantCircle.
The new platform promises to connect local businesses with local consumers. The new products are called "Neighbors" and "Answers" and assist consumers in finding local merchants as well as in finding answers from experts - local business owners.
Darren Waddell, vice president of MerchantCircle said, "As consumers increasingly rely on the internet to make local shopping decisions, traditional channels like the yellow pages and newspaper circulars are dying. We help local businesses compete in this new business environment, and we help shoppers find the information they need to purchase locally. Our Neighbors and Answers products are the logical extension of MerchantCircle's mission to better connect local businesses with potential customers."
First, the "Answers" platform. This gives consumers the ability to ask 'experts' - members of MerchantCircle's 910,000 local businesses - a question and receive a solid answer. From the best brand of oil for a Ford truck to questions about invisible fencing for the backyard, merchants are available to answer consumers' questions.
Next, the "Neighbors" platform, which helps consumers find local businesses and "follow" them. By following the local merchant, the consumer become privy to the latest promotions, deals and coupons available from that merchant. Kind of like an early adopter program, connecting local consumers with local businesses who can meet their needs.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...