News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Knowledge Networks: Mobile video skyrockets
When it comes to video, mobility may be the key for marketers. According to a new report from Knowledge Networks, video enabled mobile technology has skyrocketed over the past three years among nearly all age groups. Mobile phones, laptop computers and even iPods are now used for video and are opening doors for brands with the right message.
Researchers found that video consumption (by consumers with at-home broadband) on iPods have grown by a factor of nearly give while video consumption on mobile phones has nearly doubled. Video consumption on laptops has increased by more than 50%. All of this feeds together to make video a very lucrative opportunity for marketers.
The question is how best to target ads and how best to engage the consumer base because all video viewers have a unique pattern. From watching at home to watching on the road to watching either at home or one the road to only owning but not using such devices. Most laptop viewers (60%) report watching video exclusively at home while only 38% of iPod viewers and 31% of cell phone viewers say the same.
"Our research suggests an increasingly important opportunity for content providers and advertisers--the use of mobile devices to access video," said David Tice, Vice President and Group Account Director at Knowledge Networks and director of The Home Technology Monitor™. "We see sometimes dramatically different patterns in how people use these devices to watch video - such as at home versus on the go, or how long people typically view - but a majority of all viewers are willing to watch ads in exchange for free video. This kind of learning is essential to making the most of the mobile video environment."
The "How People Use Mobile Video" study asked consumers from age 13 to age 54 with at-home broadband Internet how they interacted with video.
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Is Black Friday a 'false economy' for retailers?
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...