News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Do you know which marketing channels your customers prefer?
So, you know where your customers live, the products they buy and even which other websites they frequent, but do you know which marketing channels they prefer?
According to a new joint study by ExactTarget and Forrester Research, many marketers are in the dark when it comes to their customers' preferred method of communication.
More than 85% of marketers involved in ExactTarget's "2009 Channel Preference Study" ran multi-channel campaigns, yet under half knew which channels their customers prefer.
This means that while marketers may be sending the right message, to the right person, at the right time, they aren't necessarily sending it via the right channel. Only 37% of marketers had knowledge of which channels their customers prefer to use and under a third (32%) knew how consumer behavior changed across channels.
Additional highlights from the study include:-
- 80% of marketers claimed customer preference is a key factor yet just 12% ask customers their preferred frequency for email messages.
- 47% of marketers did not take any actions based on customer preferences.
- Just over a quarter (27%) of marketers analyze whether efforts in one channel boost results in another.
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...