News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Do you know which marketing channels your customers prefer?
So, you know where your customers live, the products they buy and even which other websites they frequent, but do you know which marketing channels they prefer?
According to a new joint study by ExactTarget and Forrester Research, many marketers are in the dark when it comes to their customers' preferred method of communication.
More than 85% of marketers involved in ExactTarget's "2009 Channel Preference Study" ran multi-channel campaigns, yet under half knew which channels their customers prefer.
This means that while marketers may be sending the right message, to the right person, at the right time, they aren't necessarily sending it via the right channel. Only 37% of marketers had knowledge of which channels their customers prefer to use and under a third (32%) knew how consumer behavior changed across channels.
Additional highlights from the study include:-
- 80% of marketers claimed customer preference is a key factor yet just 12% ask customers their preferred frequency for email messages.
- 47% of marketers did not take any actions based on customer preferences.
- Just over a quarter (27%) of marketers analyze whether efforts in one channel boost results in another.
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...