News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ARvertising: Space-age techniques engage consumers with print ads
How do you get readers of print media to spend 10 minutes with your print ad? By incorporating the visual magic of augmented reality.
If you haven't already come across augmented reality print advertising, be prepared to be amazed. These truly interactive augmented reality print adverts, or "ARvertisements", can bring marketing messages or products to life and immerse viewers for far longer than a straight-forward print ad.
How does it work? A special code is incorporated within a print ad and viewers place this ad in front of their webcam. The software recognizes the code and triggers a reaction which could be in the form of a 3-D modeling of a product, 3-D video with interactive display, or other such multimedia production.
The ensuing experience is truly sci-fi as this augmented reality print ad for the Mini Cabriolet shows.
The possibilities with ARvertising are endless and limited only by a designer's creativity. It's also a potential lifeline for print publishers who have been losing out to online publications. And don't be too concerned about the cost. According to Greg Davis of Total Immersion, ARvertising won't blow the budget as it is "priced on a par with a typical digital campaign".
- Survey: A little research goes a long way for salespeople
- Mobile Roundup: Payment options, partnerships announced
- Top 5 tips for overworked SMBs
- What did Facebook's inactive account purge do to fan counts?
- TV, radio continue to be most popular media channels
- Ad Roundup: Tools to help SMBs connect, target
- Forecast: Mobile ads to overtake desktop ads
- 29% of Millennials never read print newspapers
Featured White Papers