News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ARvertising: Space-age techniques engage consumers with print ads
How do you get readers of print media to spend 10 minutes with your print ad? By incorporating the visual magic of augmented reality.
If you haven't already come across augmented reality print advertising, be prepared to be amazed. These truly interactive augmented reality print adverts, or "ARvertisements", can bring marketing messages or products to life and immerse viewers for far longer than a straight-forward print ad.
How does it work? A special code is incorporated within a print ad and viewers place this ad in front of their webcam. The software recognizes the code and triggers a reaction which could be in the form of a 3-D modeling of a product, 3-D video with interactive display, or other such multimedia production.
The ensuing experience is truly sci-fi as this augmented reality print ad for the Mini Cabriolet shows.
The possibilities with ARvertising are endless and limited only by a designer's creativity. It's also a potential lifeline for print publishers who have been losing out to online publications. And don't be too concerned about the cost. According to Greg Davis of Total Immersion, ARvertising won't blow the budget as it is "priced on a par with a typical digital campaign".
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
- Study: Email key for SMB trust
- Studies: Video views increasing
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...