News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 90% of younger set watching online video
In the vein of 'everyone is doing it - and so am I', research from Pew's Internet and American Life Project finds that 90% of young adults are watching videos and/or using video sharing websites. The study finds that 35% of all online consumers are now watching online video content.
In 2007, less than 20% of consumers reported watching or downloading video content from the web. Video isn't the only entertainment form increasing its online presence. In addition to watching videos, consumers are now downloading podcasts (19%) and using micro-blogging sites such as Twitter (11%) , with younger viewers, listeners and bloggers leading the way in all categories.
For video, here are some breakdowns. For younger online consumers (aged 18 - 29) 90% are using video sharing sites such as YouTube or Hulu with 36% watching on a daily basis. For adults aged 30 - 49 67% are now using video sharing sites. Of those over age 50 only about 41% are watching online clips and only about 27% of those over age 65% are doing so; from this, you can see how many more younger consumers are logging on for this type of entertainment.
According to research from Nielsen Online the video audience can't get enough. From June 2008 to June 2009 year over year visits to online video hubs increased by 34%, with unique visitors increasing by more than 10% and total streams increasing by one-third. Consumers are also watching more video streams individually (19% increase) and spending more time watching clips (188 minutes, 36% increase).
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...