News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 90% of younger set watching online video
In the vein of 'everyone is doing it - and so am I', research from Pew's Internet and American Life Project finds that 90% of young adults are watching videos and/or using video sharing websites. The study finds that 35% of all online consumers are now watching online video content.
In 2007, less than 20% of consumers reported watching or downloading video content from the web. Video isn't the only entertainment form increasing its online presence. In addition to watching videos, consumers are now downloading podcasts (19%) and using micro-blogging sites such as Twitter (11%) , with younger viewers, listeners and bloggers leading the way in all categories.
For video, here are some breakdowns. For younger online consumers (aged 18 - 29) 90% are using video sharing sites such as YouTube or Hulu with 36% watching on a daily basis. For adults aged 30 - 49 67% are now using video sharing sites. Of those over age 50 only about 41% are watching online clips and only about 27% of those over age 65% are doing so; from this, you can see how many more younger consumers are logging on for this type of entertainment.
According to research from Nielsen Online the video audience can't get enough. From June 2008 to June 2009 year over year visits to online video hubs increased by 34%, with unique visitors increasing by more than 10% and total streams increasing by one-third. Consumers are also watching more video streams individually (19% increase) and spending more time watching clips (188 minutes, 36% increase).
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...