News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile to become personal advertising
Mobile marketers have one big advantage over other online marketers: personalization. Although there is much information about consumers online, mobile devices hold much more potential, especially when it comes to advertising. So it should come as no surprise that one report suggests mobile marketing will be personalized marketing by 2020.
">OgilvyOne and Acision partnered for the study and predict that mobile marketing will be much more personalized as we move into the future. Why? Because consumers will be controlling the types of messages they receive, how the messages are received and when they are received.
"It is the individual who will be the pivotal player in the mobile advertising domain of the future," was written in the report. "...[The] mobile device will be a technological representation of [the consumer]. Pushing messages out to unwilling consumers is replaced with producing ideas and content that individuals will seek out and incorporate into their own world."
The problem? If consumers can choose advertising, will they? That question, of course, cannot be answered at this point exactly. But, if marketers want consumers to opt-in, tune in or otherwise engage with advertising, there must be a reason - free content, free minutes, free something - or consumers will opt-out altogether.
"Although mobile advertising is currently an embryonic market, its potential remains clear", said Jo Wall, Proposition Manager, Mobile Advertising, Acision. "Acision believes that mobile operators hold the knowledge, which if properly deployed, will establish operators at the heart of the mobile advertising value chain transforming mobile advertising into a strategic multi-billion dollar industry for all parties involved."
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...