News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile to become personal advertising
Mobile marketers have one big advantage over other online marketers: personalization. Although there is much information about consumers online, mobile devices hold much more potential, especially when it comes to advertising. So it should come as no surprise that one report suggests mobile marketing will be personalized marketing by 2020.
">OgilvyOne and Acision partnered for the study and predict that mobile marketing will be much more personalized as we move into the future. Why? Because consumers will be controlling the types of messages they receive, how the messages are received and when they are received.
"It is the individual who will be the pivotal player in the mobile advertising domain of the future," was written in the report. "...[The] mobile device will be a technological representation of [the consumer]. Pushing messages out to unwilling consumers is replaced with producing ideas and content that individuals will seek out and incorporate into their own world."
The problem? If consumers can choose advertising, will they? That question, of course, cannot be answered at this point exactly. But, if marketers want consumers to opt-in, tune in or otherwise engage with advertising, there must be a reason - free content, free minutes, free something - or consumers will opt-out altogether.
"Although mobile advertising is currently an embryonic market, its potential remains clear", said Jo Wall, Proposition Manager, Mobile Advertising, Acision. "Acision believes that mobile operators hold the knowledge, which if properly deployed, will establish operators at the heart of the mobile advertising value chain transforming mobile advertising into a strategic multi-billion dollar industry for all parties involved."
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...