News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MerchantCircle, Demand Media partner for social solution
A new partnership between MerchantCircle and Demand Media should give marketers another way to harness social networking. MerchantCircle, a social network of local businesses, and Demand Media, a distributed social media company, will work together to give marketers a new way to deliver specific content and domain name services to businesses.
"Consumers come to MerchantCircle looking for local experts to help solve important problems. From home repair issues to legal counsel, we want to enable our merchants to showcase their industry expertise and reach the local consumers who are seeking their services," said Ben T. Smith, IV, chairman and cofounder of MerchantCircle. "We're looking forward to a fruitful partnership with Demand Media, which expands our service offering by enriching the expert content our merchants are already creating, drawing in more local consumers, and giving merchants more free tools to market their businesses online."
MerchantCircle allows marketers to socially network and build buzz by sharing pictures, blogs and publicizing events or sales. The partnership will give marketers another way to engage the consumer by delivering site-specific content. Demand Media uses category specialists to create content specific to consumers' interests and then delivers the content to the consumer base.
In addition to creating content, the partnership will allow MerchantCircle to harness related blog posts from Demand Media to answer consumers' and businesses questions.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...