News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MerchantCircle, Demand Media partner for social solution
A new partnership between MerchantCircle and Demand Media should give marketers another way to harness social networking. MerchantCircle, a social network of local businesses, and Demand Media, a distributed social media company, will work together to give marketers a new way to deliver specific content and domain name services to businesses.
"Consumers come to MerchantCircle looking for local experts to help solve important problems. From home repair issues to legal counsel, we want to enable our merchants to showcase their industry expertise and reach the local consumers who are seeking their services," said Ben T. Smith, IV, chairman and cofounder of MerchantCircle. "We're looking forward to a fruitful partnership with Demand Media, which expands our service offering by enriching the expert content our merchants are already creating, drawing in more local consumers, and giving merchants more free tools to market their businesses online."
MerchantCircle allows marketers to socially network and build buzz by sharing pictures, blogs and publicizing events or sales. The partnership will give marketers another way to engage the consumer by delivering site-specific content. Demand Media uses category specialists to create content specific to consumers' interests and then delivers the content to the consumer base.
In addition to creating content, the partnership will allow MerchantCircle to harness related blog posts from Demand Media to answer consumers' and businesses questions.
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...