News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MerchantCircle, Demand Media partner for social solution
A new partnership between MerchantCircle and Demand Media should give marketers another way to harness social networking. MerchantCircle, a social network of local businesses, and Demand Media, a distributed social media company, will work together to give marketers a new way to deliver specific content and domain name services to businesses.
"Consumers come to MerchantCircle looking for local experts to help solve important problems. From home repair issues to legal counsel, we want to enable our merchants to showcase their industry expertise and reach the local consumers who are seeking their services," said Ben T. Smith, IV, chairman and cofounder of MerchantCircle. "We're looking forward to a fruitful partnership with Demand Media, which expands our service offering by enriching the expert content our merchants are already creating, drawing in more local consumers, and giving merchants more free tools to market their businesses online."
MerchantCircle allows marketers to socially network and build buzz by sharing pictures, blogs and publicizing events or sales. The partnership will give marketers another way to engage the consumer by delivering site-specific content. Demand Media uses category specialists to create content specific to consumers' interests and then delivers the content to the consumer base.
In addition to creating content, the partnership will allow MerchantCircle to harness related blog posts from Demand Media to answer consumers' and businesses questions.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...