News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MerchantCircle, Demand Media partner for social solution
A new partnership between MerchantCircle and Demand Media should give marketers another way to harness social networking. MerchantCircle, a social network of local businesses, and Demand Media, a distributed social media company, will work together to give marketers a new way to deliver specific content and domain name services to businesses.
"Consumers come to MerchantCircle looking for local experts to help solve important problems. From home repair issues to legal counsel, we want to enable our merchants to showcase their industry expertise and reach the local consumers who are seeking their services," said Ben T. Smith, IV, chairman and cofounder of MerchantCircle. "We're looking forward to a fruitful partnership with Demand Media, which expands our service offering by enriching the expert content our merchants are already creating, drawing in more local consumers, and giving merchants more free tools to market their businesses online."
MerchantCircle allows marketers to socially network and build buzz by sharing pictures, blogs and publicizing events or sales. The partnership will give marketers another way to engage the consumer by delivering site-specific content. Demand Media uses category specialists to create content specific to consumers' interests and then delivers the content to the consumer base.
In addition to creating content, the partnership will allow MerchantCircle to harness related blog posts from Demand Media to answer consumers' and businesses questions.
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...