News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ixquick launches StartPage
The world's most private search engine now has a new name and potentially a bigger audience to relate to. This week Ixquick, a search engine priding itself on keeping customer information private, has launched StartPage, a search engine landing page they hope will help consumers find them more easily.
''For years, privacy experts have praised Ixquick for our outstanding policies, but some people found our name hard to spell,'' said Ixquick CEO Robert Beens. ''With Startpage, people can get the same great features they know and love from Ixquick with a name that's easier to use. These two websites are almost identical and offer the same great search results. The only real difference is the name. Whether people prefer to go to Startpage.com or Ixquick.com, they can search with equal confidence, knowing that their privacy is protected.''
Both the Ixquick landing page and website and the new StartPage landing page and website will remain online. Both websites give users certified privacy practices. Although Ixquick ranks far behind Google, Yahoo, Ask.com and Bing, there is a loyal following which chooses to search via the privacy engine rather than risk their information on search engines which use their online history to target advertisements.
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
- Automakers playing catchup with cybersecurity
- Travel, hospitality brands below par in social engagement
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...