News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ixquick launches StartPage
The world's most private search engine now has a new name and potentially a bigger audience to relate to. This week Ixquick, a search engine priding itself on keeping customer information private, has launched StartPage, a search engine landing page they hope will help consumers find them more easily.
''For years, privacy experts have praised Ixquick for our outstanding policies, but some people found our name hard to spell,'' said Ixquick CEO Robert Beens. ''With Startpage, people can get the same great features they know and love from Ixquick with a name that's easier to use. These two websites are almost identical and offer the same great search results. The only real difference is the name. Whether people prefer to go to Startpage.com or Ixquick.com, they can search with equal confidence, knowing that their privacy is protected.''
Both the Ixquick landing page and website and the new StartPage landing page and website will remain online. Both websites give users certified privacy practices. Although Ixquick ranks far behind Google, Yahoo, Ask.com and Bing, there is a loyal following which chooses to search via the privacy engine rather than risk their information on search engines which use their online history to target advertisements.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...