News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB produces its first Mobile Buyer's Guide for marketers
The use of mobile phones has rocketed in the last few years and now, in the US alone, 4 out of 5 people own a mobile phone. It should come as no surprise that interest in advertising on mobile devices is following suit, but it comes with a sharp learning curve.
To this end, the IAB has produced its first Mobile Buyer's Guide, developed by the IAB Mobile Advertising Committee.
The 13-page guide (.pdf) touches on a variety of topics including an overview of the U.S. mobile advertising marketing, key definitions in mobile display and messaging campaign metrics and how to activate mobile from traditional media. In effect, it has been designed to provide "everything an agency or marketer would need to create a mobile advertising campaign," according to Jeremy Fain, Vice President of Industry Services at IAB. "Marketers and agencies are now creating multi-screen campaigns and mobile is playing an increasingly significant role as more advertisers use it to reach their customers."
However, while the mobile Internet is being referred to as "the Internet on steroids" by some, a recent Nielsen Norman Group usability study found it to be on a par with the Internet c. 1994. "It was that bad," said Jakob Nielsen, principal of Nielsen Norman and co-author of the report.
Simple tasks, such as sourcing information on a bottle of wine or looking up a flight time, were less likely to be successful and more likely to be frustrating using the mobile Internet, found the study, unless the websites were specifically tailored to those browsing via mobile.
- Report: Data scientists spend bulk of time cleaning up
- Retailers: 3 ways shoppers are gaming you
- Mobile Roundup: 2 solutions in the mobile space to broaden reach
- Ad Roundup: 3 solutions to power brand engagement
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...