News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YPartnership study reveals online travelers' first port of call
What's the first site that holiday makers visit when selecting which destination to head for, which airline to use or which hotel/resort to stay at? New findings from YPartnership shine a light on online travelers' use of the Internet to plan and book trips.
Two-thirds of leisure travelers now turn to the Internet to plan at least some of their trip, up from 35% in 2000. Over half (56%) now make reservations for transport, or accommodation, online according to the findings of YPartnership's "2009 National Travel MONITOR".
Usually, the first thing travelers do when planning a holiday is look at where in the world to go. When selecting a destination, 34% of online travelers cite a search engine as their first port of call followed by the website of a national tourist office/CVB (22%) and online travel agency such as Travelocity or Expedia.
However, when researching where to stay and who to fly with, online travelers are heading first to travel agency websites (31% and 42% respectively) and the websites of specific airlines (41%), a hotel chain (21%) or individual resort/hotel (10%).
"Consumers' search behavior has changed in recent years as people have become more familiar with search technology and the number of travel planning/purchasing sites has grown exponentially," said Peter C. Yesawich, chairman and CEO of Ypartnership.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...