News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YPartnership study reveals online travelers' first port of call
What's the first site that holiday makers visit when selecting which destination to head for, which airline to use or which hotel/resort to stay at? New findings from YPartnership shine a light on online travelers' use of the Internet to plan and book trips.
Two-thirds of leisure travelers now turn to the Internet to plan at least some of their trip, up from 35% in 2000. Over half (56%) now make reservations for transport, or accommodation, online according to the findings of YPartnership's "2009 National Travel MONITOR".
Usually, the first thing travelers do when planning a holiday is look at where in the world to go. When selecting a destination, 34% of online travelers cite a search engine as their first port of call followed by the website of a national tourist office/CVB (22%) and online travel agency such as Travelocity or Expedia.
However, when researching where to stay and who to fly with, online travelers are heading first to travel agency websites (31% and 42% respectively) and the websites of specific airlines (41%), a hotel chain (21%) or individual resort/hotel (10%).
"Consumers' search behavior has changed in recent years as people have become more familiar with search technology and the number of travel planning/purchasing sites has grown exponentially," said Peter C. Yesawich, chairman and CEO of Ypartnership.
- Mobile, video to see analytics changes in 2015
- Study IDs brands performing best - and worst - in social
- Experts: How to capitalize on consumers' need for personalization
- How to get more from employees
- Experts weigh in on what to expect in the online ad space in 2015
- Constant Contact: SMBs to go real time, win local in 2015
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...