News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YPartnership study reveals online travelers' first port of call
What's the first site that holiday makers visit when selecting which destination to head for, which airline to use or which hotel/resort to stay at? New findings from YPartnership shine a light on online travelers' use of the Internet to plan and book trips.
Two-thirds of leisure travelers now turn to the Internet to plan at least some of their trip, up from 35% in 2000. Over half (56%) now make reservations for transport, or accommodation, online according to the findings of YPartnership's "2009 National Travel MONITOR".
Usually, the first thing travelers do when planning a holiday is look at where in the world to go. When selecting a destination, 34% of online travelers cite a search engine as their first port of call followed by the website of a national tourist office/CVB (22%) and online travel agency such as Travelocity or Expedia.
However, when researching where to stay and who to fly with, online travelers are heading first to travel agency websites (31% and 42% respectively) and the websites of specific airlines (41%), a hotel chain (21%) or individual resort/hotel (10%).
"Consumers' search behavior has changed in recent years as people have become more familiar with search technology and the number of travel planning/purchasing sites has grown exponentially," said Peter C. Yesawich, chairman and CEO of Ypartnership.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....