News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ESA releases gaming demographic facts and figures
The popularity of computer and video games is rising and new reports show that not only are the numbers of gamers swelling, but their demographic diversity is broadening, too.
The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) has released a leaflet outlining a multitude of interesting facts and figures about the gaming audience in the U.S.
Released during the annual E3 Expo game conference, "2009 Essential Facts" (.pdf) illustrates who is playing what and the results are encouraging.
Around 68% of U.S. households now play computer or video games and it's not just the youngsters in the family that are doing so. While the average age of a gamer is 35, over a quarter (26%) is age 50 or over. The bulk of gamers are in the 18 to 49 year age range.
"This is the new golden age of entertainment software. Our products are now being enjoyed by over two-thirds of Americans," said Michael D. Gallagher, CEO of the ESA. "As the findings of the 2009 Essential Facts illustrate, more and more Americans across all demographics are now embracing the interactive entertainment experience that computer and video games provide."
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...