News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Mommy bloggers - the ones to watch
Mommy bloggers are an online force to be reckoned with, and their numbers are rising both in the online shopping world and across social media. Nielsen has recently published a list of what it considers to be the top Power Mom bloggers.
Nielsen compiled the list of the 50 most influential mommy bloggers based on statistics captured via Nielsen BuzzMetrics, such as traffic, Twitter followers, blog posts and comments.
The PowerPoint formatted list, which can be accessed via Nielsen Online's homepage, is broken down into several categories:-
- Queen Bees: Those who anchor their writing around parenting, nesting, décor, and food. Blogs include Busy Mom and Crazy Adventures in Parenting.
- Savvy Spenders: Those who share money saving tips, coupons, freebies and other deals. Blogs include Money Saving Mom and 5 Dollar Dinners.
- Mom-Approved: Those who trial, sample and review product (often brand-sponsored). Blogs include Barefoot Mommy and The Dirty Shirt.
- Mamastes: Those who stretch beyond their spheres to explore going green, travel and spirituality. Blogs include Green and Clean Mom and More than Words.
- Tech Moms: Those who are also PDA-toting, digital enthusiasts that love to stay connected. Blogs are Tech Mamas and Geek Mommy.
- CEO Moms: Those who juggle work and motherhood. Blogs include Bizzie Mommy and Work It, Mom!
Earlier this year a list of misconceptions about mommy bloggers was published. If you think mommy bloggers are earning pots of money, think of their blogs as hobbies or will do anything for free in return for traffic - think again.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...