News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Mommy bloggers - the ones to watch
Mommy bloggers are an online force to be reckoned with, and their numbers are rising both in the online shopping world and across social media. Nielsen has recently published a list of what it considers to be the top Power Mom bloggers.
Nielsen compiled the list of the 50 most influential mommy bloggers based on statistics captured via Nielsen BuzzMetrics, such as traffic, Twitter followers, blog posts and comments.
The PowerPoint formatted list, which can be accessed via Nielsen Online's homepage, is broken down into several categories:-
- Queen Bees: Those who anchor their writing around parenting, nesting, décor, and food. Blogs include Busy Mom and Crazy Adventures in Parenting.
- Savvy Spenders: Those who share money saving tips, coupons, freebies and other deals. Blogs include Money Saving Mom and 5 Dollar Dinners.
- Mom-Approved: Those who trial, sample and review product (often brand-sponsored). Blogs include Barefoot Mommy and The Dirty Shirt.
- Mamastes: Those who stretch beyond their spheres to explore going green, travel and spirituality. Blogs include Green and Clean Mom and More than Words.
- Tech Moms: Those who are also PDA-toting, digital enthusiasts that love to stay connected. Blogs are Tech Mamas and Geek Mommy.
- CEO Moms: Those who juggle work and motherhood. Blogs include Bizzie Mommy and Work It, Mom!
Earlier this year a list of misconceptions about mommy bloggers was published. If you think mommy bloggers are earning pots of money, think of their blogs as hobbies or will do anything for free in return for traffic - think again.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....