News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Mommy bloggers - the ones to watch
Mommy bloggers are an online force to be reckoned with, and their numbers are rising both in the online shopping world and across social media. Nielsen has recently published a list of what it considers to be the top Power Mom bloggers.
Nielsen compiled the list of the 50 most influential mommy bloggers based on statistics captured via Nielsen BuzzMetrics, such as traffic, Twitter followers, blog posts and comments.
The PowerPoint formatted list, which can be accessed via Nielsen Online's homepage, is broken down into several categories:-
- Queen Bees: Those who anchor their writing around parenting, nesting, décor, and food. Blogs include Busy Mom and Crazy Adventures in Parenting.
- Savvy Spenders: Those who share money saving tips, coupons, freebies and other deals. Blogs include Money Saving Mom and 5 Dollar Dinners.
- Mom-Approved: Those who trial, sample and review product (often brand-sponsored). Blogs include Barefoot Mommy and The Dirty Shirt.
- Mamastes: Those who stretch beyond their spheres to explore going green, travel and spirituality. Blogs include Green and Clean Mom and More than Words.
- Tech Moms: Those who are also PDA-toting, digital enthusiasts that love to stay connected. Blogs are Tech Mamas and Geek Mommy.
- CEO Moms: Those who juggle work and motherhood. Blogs include Bizzie Mommy and Work It, Mom!
Earlier this year a list of misconceptions about mommy bloggers was published. If you think mommy bloggers are earning pots of money, think of their blogs as hobbies or will do anything for free in return for traffic - think again.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...