News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MTV Networks: Quality, not coolness, attracts youth to brands
Young adults value a brand's quality over its coolness, according to new research by MTV Networks.
Marketing a brand as "cool" doesn't necessarily cut the mustard with the youth of today, found MTV Networks' "A Beta Life Youth" survey which analyzed how young people use television, the Internet and other platforms to inform themselves about particular products and brands before making purchases.
It seems young adults across the globe have a rather more mature and practical approach to choosing brands. "Good quality" was cited by 81% as being a consideration for selecting a desirable brand, followed by trustworthiness (63%), "works well" (56%) and "good for a long time" (51%).
Bottom of the list of considerations were authenticity (38%), "cool image" (40%) and popularity (41%).
The survey, which involved young adults from the USA, UK, Japan, Germany and India, found that the majority now turn to the Internet to research products before making a purchase. Indian youths were the most likely to do so (87%) followed by German (80%), British (63%), Japanese (60%) and American (58%).
Nearly three-quarters (71%) agreed that the Internet makes choosing a brand easier and that blogs, review sites and social networking sites are increasingly important in affecting brand decisions.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...