News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Local search hub Centerd offers content-by-intent
Local search is a curious thing. Businesses many times found either by direct navigation or by accident. Local search engine Centerd could change that by offering local search results according to the intent of the query.
Centerd offers local restaurant and activities guides complete with content. A recent upgrade has given them the ability to offer search query results by the intent of the query thanks to categories and styles.
"We call this new approach to local search and personal planning 'flavored local'. Underpinning all the new features is a unique database we've created that classifies places by 'intent.' This classification allows us to present data about places and things to do in some pretty cool ways. The end result is that you can quickly find places that meet your needs, like 'kid friendly things to do in San Francisco', and get more relevant results than typical keyword searches," was written on the company blog.
For example, consumers shopping for 'romantic evening' would not receive the same query results as those searching for 'kid friendly dining'. The styles offered include 'cheap', 'group friendly', 'kid friendly', 'outdoor', and 'romantic'.
First consumers choose their city and from there the style of event searched from. Finally, consumers select a category, for example 'restaurant', 'attraction', 'shopping' or 'event. Once consumers have queried their evening plans, results are returned instantly. Businesses are ranked according to comments and reviews; the results are placed in bar graphs complete with mapping instructions. Information for the search queries is also pulled from CitySearch and Yelp.
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...