News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Local search hub Centerd offers content-by-intent
Local search is a curious thing. Businesses many times found either by direct navigation or by accident. Local search engine Centerd could change that by offering local search results according to the intent of the query.
Centerd offers local restaurant and activities guides complete with content. A recent upgrade has given them the ability to offer search query results by the intent of the query thanks to categories and styles.
"We call this new approach to local search and personal planning 'flavored local'. Underpinning all the new features is a unique database we've created that classifies places by 'intent.' This classification allows us to present data about places and things to do in some pretty cool ways. The end result is that you can quickly find places that meet your needs, like 'kid friendly things to do in San Francisco', and get more relevant results than typical keyword searches," was written on the company blog.
For example, consumers shopping for 'romantic evening' would not receive the same query results as those searching for 'kid friendly dining'. The styles offered include 'cheap', 'group friendly', 'kid friendly', 'outdoor', and 'romantic'.
First consumers choose their city and from there the style of event searched from. Finally, consumers select a category, for example 'restaurant', 'attraction', 'shopping' or 'event. Once consumers have queried their evening plans, results are returned instantly. Businesses are ranked according to comments and reviews; the results are placed in bar graphs complete with mapping instructions. Information for the search queries is also pulled from CitySearch and Yelp.
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
- Forecast: App economy to surpass $100b by 2020
- Report: Retail, tech lead for mobile video
- Report: Pressure is on for security pros
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...