News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Local search hub Centerd offers content-by-intent
Local search is a curious thing. Businesses many times found either by direct navigation or by accident. Local search engine Centerd could change that by offering local search results according to the intent of the query.
Centerd offers local restaurant and activities guides complete with content. A recent upgrade has given them the ability to offer search query results by the intent of the query thanks to categories and styles.
"We call this new approach to local search and personal planning 'flavored local'. Underpinning all the new features is a unique database we've created that classifies places by 'intent.' This classification allows us to present data about places and things to do in some pretty cool ways. The end result is that you can quickly find places that meet your needs, like 'kid friendly things to do in San Francisco', and get more relevant results than typical keyword searches," was written on the company blog.
For example, consumers shopping for 'romantic evening' would not receive the same query results as those searching for 'kid friendly dining'. The styles offered include 'cheap', 'group friendly', 'kid friendly', 'outdoor', and 'romantic'.
First consumers choose their city and from there the style of event searched from. Finally, consumers select a category, for example 'restaurant', 'attraction', 'shopping' or 'event. Once consumers have queried their evening plans, results are returned instantly. Businesses are ranked according to comments and reviews; the results are placed in bar graphs complete with mapping instructions. Information for the search queries is also pulled from CitySearch and Yelp.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...