News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB releases standard definitions for social media metrics
In an attempt to bring consistency to the measurement of social media campaigns, the Interactive Advertising Bureau has released a document detailing social media metrics and definitions.
Not only has social media changed the way consumers interact with and experience brands, it has also changed the way marketers look at performance metrics. While traditional campaigns track primary distribution and response, social media needs to take into account additional interactions as users share, create and engage with new forms of advertising content.
To help marketers reach consumers and measure that reach effectively, the IAB has this week released a free document containing key social media definitions and metrics.
"The terms and metrics we've laid out in this document will help marketers better understand the true ROI of participatory communication," said Jeremy Fain, vice president of industry services at the IAB.
The document (.pdf), entitled "Social Media Ad Metrics Definitions", breaks the social media landscape down into three main categories under which various metrics are defined such as:
- General Social Media Sites: unique visitor, cost per unique visitor, page views, return visits, time spent, etc.
- Blogs: conversation reach, number of conversation relevant sites, content, freshness, relevance.
- Widgets & Social Media Applications: number of installs, number of active users, longevity, user profiles.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...