News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB releases standard definitions for social media metrics
In an attempt to bring consistency to the measurement of social media campaigns, the Interactive Advertising Bureau has released a document detailing social media metrics and definitions.
Not only has social media changed the way consumers interact with and experience brands, it has also changed the way marketers look at performance metrics. While traditional campaigns track primary distribution and response, social media needs to take into account additional interactions as users share, create and engage with new forms of advertising content.
To help marketers reach consumers and measure that reach effectively, the IAB has this week released a free document containing key social media definitions and metrics.
"The terms and metrics we've laid out in this document will help marketers better understand the true ROI of participatory communication," said Jeremy Fain, vice president of industry services at the IAB.
The document (.pdf), entitled "Social Media Ad Metrics Definitions", breaks the social media landscape down into three main categories under which various metrics are defined such as:
- General Social Media Sites: unique visitor, cost per unique visitor, page views, return visits, time spent, etc.
- Blogs: conversation reach, number of conversation relevant sites, content, freshness, relevance.
- Widgets & Social Media Applications: number of installs, number of active users, longevity, user profiles.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...