News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
WeddingMapper.com debuts auction based ad platform
Despite the down economy there is one spending category that likely won't take a tremendous hit in the coming year: weddings. Why? Because women plan for their big day for years and simply aren't willing to skimp. To that end online wedding planning site WeddingMapper.com has launched an auction based advertising platform which could help wedding-based businesses stay afloat.
The platform works like this: a business bids for low cost advertising space on local websites to reach wedding-minded couples. There are about 10,000 local websites in the WeddingMapper network; the business then sets a budget for the campaign and then places bids against other local vendors in similar markets. The top three bidders in each market are given premium ad space.
How is this better than an existing model? Because of the 'similar market' strategy. In many wedding based services prices are based on similar regions rather than cities. As all marketers know there are very few regions with similar income and spending ratios so basing this on comparable cities makes more sense and can help marketers hold down their budgets.
Although many wedding businesses - such as florists and caterers - will want to remain ultra local, other wedding businesses - such as stationers or gown retailers - can afford to spread their advertising wings a bit more for the possibility of engaging more consumers.
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...