News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
WeddingMapper.com debuts auction based ad platform
Despite the down economy there is one spending category that likely won't take a tremendous hit in the coming year: weddings. Why? Because women plan for their big day for years and simply aren't willing to skimp. To that end online wedding planning site WeddingMapper.com has launched an auction based advertising platform which could help wedding-based businesses stay afloat.
The platform works like this: a business bids for low cost advertising space on local websites to reach wedding-minded couples. There are about 10,000 local websites in the WeddingMapper network; the business then sets a budget for the campaign and then places bids against other local vendors in similar markets. The top three bidders in each market are given premium ad space.
How is this better than an existing model? Because of the 'similar market' strategy. In many wedding based services prices are based on similar regions rather than cities. As all marketers know there are very few regions with similar income and spending ratios so basing this on comparable cities makes more sense and can help marketers hold down their budgets.
Although many wedding businesses - such as florists and caterers - will want to remain ultra local, other wedding businesses - such as stationers or gown retailers - can afford to spread their advertising wings a bit more for the possibility of engaging more consumers.
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...