News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are homepage or domain ads your best bet?
There is some interesting new research out from Compete that could have marketers changing or at least adjusting their media buys. According to the information homepage ads on some sites may not have the best reach; the same can be said for big domain ads. Wait! So both homepage and domain ads are performing badly?
No, but the report sheds interesting light on which homepages and which domains are the best bets, share-wise, for marketers. For example Yahoo's homepage is one of the top ranking portals on the Internet because of the fresh content and ads served daily; still Google's homepage received 22 million more unique visitors in March.
When it comes to social networks, 14% of users visit Facebook's homepage but MySpace, the biggest competitor and Facebook tie when it comes to domain page visitors. Both reach 9%.
So which is better homepage or domain page? It all depends on the advertiser and what the goal is. A case could be made that Yahoo's homepage rather than Google's would be a better bet because consumers are likely going to Yahoo for specific information - news headlines, stock information or to access their mail. Comparatively consumers going to Google's homepage are most likely performing a search because their homepage is a virtual blank page with a search box. Engaged users are more likely, then, going to Yahoo.
- Ad Roundup: Partner program and SMB security
- IAB report shows increasing commitment to digital video advertising
- Financial services industry reward programs falling short of consumer expectations
- Mixing work with personal life causes guilt among Generation Mobile
- Surveys point to what Mom wants
- Study: Facebook key for ecommerce
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
Featured White Papers
- 9 Ways You Can Build Effective Mobile Email Marketing Campaigns
The latest research shows that two-thirds of email opens now occur on mobile devices, but many email marketers are still...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...