News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are homepage or domain ads your best bet?
There is some interesting new research out from Compete that could have marketers changing or at least adjusting their media buys. According to the information homepage ads on some sites may not have the best reach; the same can be said for big domain ads. Wait! So both homepage and domain ads are performing badly?
No, but the report sheds interesting light on which homepages and which domains are the best bets, share-wise, for marketers. For example Yahoo's homepage is one of the top ranking portals on the Internet because of the fresh content and ads served daily; still Google's homepage received 22 million more unique visitors in March.
When it comes to social networks, 14% of users visit Facebook's homepage but MySpace, the biggest competitor and Facebook tie when it comes to domain page visitors. Both reach 9%.
So which is better homepage or domain page? It all depends on the advertiser and what the goal is. A case could be made that Yahoo's homepage rather than Google's would be a better bet because consumers are likely going to Yahoo for specific information - news headlines, stock information or to access their mail. Comparatively consumers going to Google's homepage are most likely performing a search because their homepage is a virtual blank page with a search box. Engaged users are more likely, then, going to Yahoo.
- Study: Tiggered emails key to reengaging cart abandoners
- Report: Mobile pushing more ecommerce
- How brands can use chat apps to engage
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...