News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are homepage or domain ads your best bet?
There is some interesting new research out from Compete that could have marketers changing or at least adjusting their media buys. According to the information homepage ads on some sites may not have the best reach; the same can be said for big domain ads. Wait! So both homepage and domain ads are performing badly?
No, but the report sheds interesting light on which homepages and which domains are the best bets, share-wise, for marketers. For example Yahoo's homepage is one of the top ranking portals on the Internet because of the fresh content and ads served daily; still Google's homepage received 22 million more unique visitors in March.
When it comes to social networks, 14% of users visit Facebook's homepage but MySpace, the biggest competitor and Facebook tie when it comes to domain page visitors. Both reach 9%.
So which is better homepage or domain page? It all depends on the advertiser and what the goal is. A case could be made that Yahoo's homepage rather than Google's would be a better bet because consumers are likely going to Yahoo for specific information - news headlines, stock information or to access their mail. Comparatively consumers going to Google's homepage are most likely performing a search because their homepage is a virtual blank page with a search box. Engaged users are more likely, then, going to Yahoo.
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...