News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are homepage or domain ads your best bet?
There is some interesting new research out from Compete that could have marketers changing or at least adjusting their media buys. According to the information homepage ads on some sites may not have the best reach; the same can be said for big domain ads. Wait! So both homepage and domain ads are performing badly?
No, but the report sheds interesting light on which homepages and which domains are the best bets, share-wise, for marketers. For example Yahoo's homepage is one of the top ranking portals on the Internet because of the fresh content and ads served daily; still Google's homepage received 22 million more unique visitors in March.
When it comes to social networks, 14% of users visit Facebook's homepage but MySpace, the biggest competitor and Facebook tie when it comes to domain page visitors. Both reach 9%.
So which is better homepage or domain page? It all depends on the advertiser and what the goal is. A case could be made that Yahoo's homepage rather than Google's would be a better bet because consumers are likely going to Yahoo for specific information - news headlines, stock information or to access their mail. Comparatively consumers going to Google's homepage are most likely performing a search because their homepage is a virtual blank page with a search box. Engaged users are more likely, then, going to Yahoo.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...