News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are homepage or domain ads your best bet?
There is some interesting new research out from Compete that could have marketers changing or at least adjusting their media buys. According to the information homepage ads on some sites may not have the best reach; the same can be said for big domain ads. Wait! So both homepage and domain ads are performing badly?
No, but the report sheds interesting light on which homepages and which domains are the best bets, share-wise, for marketers. For example Yahoo's homepage is one of the top ranking portals on the Internet because of the fresh content and ads served daily; still Google's homepage received 22 million more unique visitors in March.
When it comes to social networks, 14% of users visit Facebook's homepage but MySpace, the biggest competitor and Facebook tie when it comes to domain page visitors. Both reach 9%.
So which is better homepage or domain page? It all depends on the advertiser and what the goal is. A case could be made that Yahoo's homepage rather than Google's would be a better bet because consumers are likely going to Yahoo for specific information - news headlines, stock information or to access their mail. Comparatively consumers going to Google's homepage are most likely performing a search because their homepage is a virtual blank page with a search box. Engaged users are more likely, then, going to Yahoo.
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...