News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
7-Eleven takes Slurpee's viral
If you're looking for a good example of how to create a viral campaign from a branded micro-site, look no further than the new site launched by 7-Eleven. As North American's head into the Spring and Summer months this new campaign, which encourages consumers to use the site to see how their favorite Slurpee changes their look, is certain to bring consumers back time after time.
7-Eleven partnered with Omnicom Group's Freshworks/The Integer Group to create the microsite to promote the Slurpee brand of frozen drinks; the 'Brainfreeze Laboratory' allows users to upload their own picture to see how drinking their favorite flavor will change their complexion. The pictures can then be sent to friends.
7-Eleven is cross-promoting the viral campaign with banner ads, promotional emails and on the micro-site itself; the campaign runs through July - the height of Slurpee Season.
When it comes to viral campaigns the key is to offer consumers something they may not get from anyone else and to make the micro-site fun.
Although photo-manipulating websites are out there, most are targeted to women looking for a new hairstyle or makeup lesson; this is one of the first manipulation platforms that should appeal to both men and women, younger and older consumers. From the fun standpoint, marketers need only look at the 7-Eleven campaign or at Office Max's holiday 'Elf Yourself' campaign to see that consumers like to create caricatures of themselves to share with friends and family.
- AdRoundup: Video, mobile and social offerings increase connectivity
- UK: February floods lead to rise in ecommerce sales
- Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
- Expert warns bitcoin has drawbacks for SMBs
- Twitter testing click-to-call
- UK: Mobile ad spend to outstrip newspaper ad spend in 2014
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....