News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
7-Eleven takes Slurpee's viral
If you're looking for a good example of how to create a viral campaign from a branded micro-site, look no further than the new site launched by 7-Eleven. As North American's head into the Spring and Summer months this new campaign, which encourages consumers to use the site to see how their favorite Slurpee changes their look, is certain to bring consumers back time after time.
7-Eleven partnered with Omnicom Group's Freshworks/The Integer Group to create the microsite to promote the Slurpee brand of frozen drinks; the 'Brainfreeze Laboratory' allows users to upload their own picture to see how drinking their favorite flavor will change their complexion. The pictures can then be sent to friends.
7-Eleven is cross-promoting the viral campaign with banner ads, promotional emails and on the micro-site itself; the campaign runs through July - the height of Slurpee Season.
When it comes to viral campaigns the key is to offer consumers something they may not get from anyone else and to make the micro-site fun.
Although photo-manipulating websites are out there, most are targeted to women looking for a new hairstyle or makeup lesson; this is one of the first manipulation platforms that should appeal to both men and women, younger and older consumers. From the fun standpoint, marketers need only look at the 7-Eleven campaign or at Office Max's holiday 'Elf Yourself' campaign to see that consumers like to create caricatures of themselves to share with friends and family.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...