News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
7-Eleven takes Slurpee's viral
If you're looking for a good example of how to create a viral campaign from a branded micro-site, look no further than the new site launched by 7-Eleven. As North American's head into the Spring and Summer months this new campaign, which encourages consumers to use the site to see how their favorite Slurpee changes their look, is certain to bring consumers back time after time.
7-Eleven partnered with Omnicom Group's Freshworks/The Integer Group to create the microsite to promote the Slurpee brand of frozen drinks; the 'Brainfreeze Laboratory' allows users to upload their own picture to see how drinking their favorite flavor will change their complexion. The pictures can then be sent to friends.
7-Eleven is cross-promoting the viral campaign with banner ads, promotional emails and on the micro-site itself; the campaign runs through July - the height of Slurpee Season.
When it comes to viral campaigns the key is to offer consumers something they may not get from anyone else and to make the micro-site fun.
Although photo-manipulating websites are out there, most are targeted to women looking for a new hairstyle or makeup lesson; this is one of the first manipulation platforms that should appeal to both men and women, younger and older consumers. From the fun standpoint, marketers need only look at the 7-Eleven campaign or at Office Max's holiday 'Elf Yourself' campaign to see that consumers like to create caricatures of themselves to share with friends and family.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...