News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
7-Eleven takes Slurpee's viral
If you're looking for a good example of how to create a viral campaign from a branded micro-site, look no further than the new site launched by 7-Eleven. As North American's head into the Spring and Summer months this new campaign, which encourages consumers to use the site to see how their favorite Slurpee changes their look, is certain to bring consumers back time after time.
7-Eleven partnered with Omnicom Group's Freshworks/The Integer Group to create the microsite to promote the Slurpee brand of frozen drinks; the 'Brainfreeze Laboratory' allows users to upload their own picture to see how drinking their favorite flavor will change their complexion. The pictures can then be sent to friends.
7-Eleven is cross-promoting the viral campaign with banner ads, promotional emails and on the micro-site itself; the campaign runs through July - the height of Slurpee Season.
When it comes to viral campaigns the key is to offer consumers something they may not get from anyone else and to make the micro-site fun.
Although photo-manipulating websites are out there, most are targeted to women looking for a new hairstyle or makeup lesson; this is one of the first manipulation platforms that should appeal to both men and women, younger and older consumers. From the fun standpoint, marketers need only look at the 7-Eleven campaign or at Office Max's holiday 'Elf Yourself' campaign to see that consumers like to create caricatures of themselves to share with friends and family.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...