News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
7-Eleven takes Slurpee's viral
If you're looking for a good example of how to create a viral campaign from a branded micro-site, look no further than the new site launched by 7-Eleven. As North American's head into the Spring and Summer months this new campaign, which encourages consumers to use the site to see how their favorite Slurpee changes their look, is certain to bring consumers back time after time.
7-Eleven partnered with Omnicom Group's Freshworks/The Integer Group to create the microsite to promote the Slurpee brand of frozen drinks; the 'Brainfreeze Laboratory' allows users to upload their own picture to see how drinking their favorite flavor will change their complexion. The pictures can then be sent to friends.
7-Eleven is cross-promoting the viral campaign with banner ads, promotional emails and on the micro-site itself; the campaign runs through July - the height of Slurpee Season.
When it comes to viral campaigns the key is to offer consumers something they may not get from anyone else and to make the micro-site fun.
Although photo-manipulating websites are out there, most are targeted to women looking for a new hairstyle or makeup lesson; this is one of the first manipulation platforms that should appeal to both men and women, younger and older consumers. From the fun standpoint, marketers need only look at the 7-Eleven campaign or at Office Max's holiday 'Elf Yourself' campaign to see that consumers like to create caricatures of themselves to share with friends and family.
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...