News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Less than half of marketing pro's use analytics
With the number of channels a marketer has to manage and monitor increasing, you'd think technology would be employed to make their job easier. Not so. It seems marketers are foregoing analytics to measure their online marketing campaigns, found analytical-led software firm Alterian in its sixth 'Annual Marketing Survey'.
When asked about their use of measurement applications, less than half (47%) of the 1,545 American and British marketing professionals polled by Alterian said they currently use analytics to measure their online campaigns. Even so, 62% of respondents plan to increase online spending.
"With the current economic climate, it is refreshing to see results that show businesses investing in areas that can directly drive sales--essential in this marketing," said Alterian's CEO, David Eldridge, in a statement. "What is less encouraging is the low number of marketers who use analytics to evaluate and refine their campaigns."
The survey also found that 25% of respondents believe that analyzing results is the most difficult part of a campaign and that businesses use multiple applications to measure success will little, or no, integration. A quarter use more than seven applications on campaigns and just over half use between three and six applications.
"Multichannel marketing is commonplace in 2009, but the challenge for marketers is to measure the value and draw results across these various systems in order to provide a true picture of ROI back to the business," said Eldridge.
Results of another survey, this time from the Chief Marketing Officer Council (CMO), found marketers are also left wanting when it comes to monitoring and tracking social media conversations, despite acknowledging its growing importance.
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...