News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Less than half of marketing pro's use analytics
With the number of channels a marketer has to manage and monitor increasing, you'd think technology would be employed to make their job easier. Not so. It seems marketers are foregoing analytics to measure their online marketing campaigns, found analytical-led software firm Alterian in its sixth 'Annual Marketing Survey'.
When asked about their use of measurement applications, less than half (47%) of the 1,545 American and British marketing professionals polled by Alterian said they currently use analytics to measure their online campaigns. Even so, 62% of respondents plan to increase online spending.
"With the current economic climate, it is refreshing to see results that show businesses investing in areas that can directly drive sales--essential in this marketing," said Alterian's CEO, David Eldridge, in a statement. "What is less encouraging is the low number of marketers who use analytics to evaluate and refine their campaigns."
The survey also found that 25% of respondents believe that analyzing results is the most difficult part of a campaign and that businesses use multiple applications to measure success will little, or no, integration. A quarter use more than seven applications on campaigns and just over half use between three and six applications.
"Multichannel marketing is commonplace in 2009, but the challenge for marketers is to measure the value and draw results across these various systems in order to provide a true picture of ROI back to the business," said Eldridge.
Results of another survey, this time from the Chief Marketing Officer Council (CMO), found marketers are also left wanting when it comes to monitoring and tracking social media conversations, despite acknowledging its growing importance.
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...